[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't I told that the Japanese yen is equivalent to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Japanese Yen 10000.jpg (82 KB, 600x285) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Yen 10000.jpg
82 KB, 600x285
Why wasn't I told that the Japanese yen is equivalent to a one cent US coin. Why are the news media comparing the US dollar to one cent Japanese coins?
>>
File: black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif (931 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif
931 KB, 250x197
>>1376426
idk!? IT DUSNT MAK ANY SENSES!!!
>>
>>1376435

The only reason why I think they do it is to make the US currency look better to normies, who dont understand that the Japanese only count yen in their currency system.
>>
File: tumblr_o2n5xdFVar1sgfcxuo1_500.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2n5xdFVar1sgfcxuo1_500.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>1376440
>>
The yen is relatively low but not so horrendously low as to require a redenomination policy.
>>
>>1376443

Yen = 1 penny, not one dollar. The Japanese currency system only uses the base currency in their system.

If the US adopted this system they will be no dollar, just 100 penny notes, 5000 penny notes, etc. The Japanese currency and the US currency are actually the same value.
>>
>>1376449
U srs
>>
>>1376449
youre kidding
>>
>>1376453
>>1376460

Brainwashed idiots. Meh.
>>
>>1376426
The Gambling Channel, CNBC, usually talks about X Yen per dollar a few times a day.

They probably don't think to break it down into simple terms from talking numbers all day every day.

The thing you will almost never hear them talk about is the Central Bank Money Printing Advantage.

That's where the Bank gets to decide how much new money will be created and then who gets to use the new money first. It gives them total control over any economy that uses their money.
>>
File: proof.png (7 KB, 351x196) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
7 KB, 351x196
I don't see how this knowledge changes anything for anybody
>>
>>1376449
>the Japanese currency and the US currency are actually the same value
see >>1376469
a yen is about a 100th the value of a cent.
>>
>instead of saying pennies we say 0.01 dollars
#legalizerape
>>
100 yen is 1 dollar. The way I remember it is that their system is basically our system without decimal points. A coke would cost about 150 yen, which is about $1.50 USD
>>
>>1376426
>babby discovers the world of different currencies
>>
>>1377101
I am a literal retard lmfao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.