[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is bookkeeping still a viable career in the short term? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1466917290660.jpg (41 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
1466917290660.jpg
41 KB, 528x960
Is bookkeeping still a viable career in the short term? I'm starting a bachelors in accounting and wondering if I would be able to start a small bookkeeping business to pay for it rather than continuing to deliver pizzas. I hate my current job and the fact that I'm not developing any relevant skills through it.

What's the best way to determine the demand for bookkeeping services in my area?
>>
Read Amazon's founder biography
>>
>>1375400
How will that answer my question?
>>
I don't think it is because the small companies that need the service don't want to pay for it or they hire someone for $12 an hour.
>>
I'm currently doing a bachelor in tax law, 60% already dropped out, that's how boring it is.
>>
File: 1380797638481.jpg (263 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
1380797638481.jpg
263 KB, 500x337
>>1375229
Yeah it's definitely worth it. You can get very good money as an accountant, plus accountancy is the language of business therefore it's very useful to learn if you are interested in investing as you will be able to understand the performance of companies you are looking to invest in.

I don't know exactly where you are but here in the UK you would have to do a degree and then finish a qualification with the ACCA, CIMA or ACA which would make you a chartered accountant, although the accountancy/finance degree would give you a lot of exemptions from the course. I work in the Finance department of an insurance company and a lot of the accountants here got started that way and most are on £40000+ some on over double that in their early thirties.
>>
>>1375229
>career
>short term
>>
>>1375483
bachelor in tax law? sounds interesting, what kind of courses do you have to take?
>>
>>1375630
Business Taxation
Business Taxation and Decision-Making Processes
Corporate Tax Structures
International Business Law I
Value Added Tax in Cross-Border Situations
>>
>>1375229
holy shit do you live in philadelphia, or do these guys exist in every city?
>>
File: 1468090866367.jpg (176 KB, 2040x1386) Image search: [Google]
1468090866367.jpg
176 KB, 2040x1386
Will you have the sales skill to acquire clients?

That is the hard part. If you can, great and then 20 years later pic related
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.