[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I do this while living in canada? what's the canadian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
how do I do this while living in canada? what's the canadian / quebec equivalent?

also, is it worthy to follow that strategy with windfall money, or only with long-term savings?
>>
Google "Canada Pension Plan"
>>
401k and IRA are roughly the same as RRSP and TFSA, respectively. Fill up your non-taxable accounts first. For the index funds, same goes, just use domestic (Canadian) and international. TD has index funds, or you can buy ETFs. Probably not a great idea to go equally into each, vary up the stocks:bonds depending on your age, and make maybe a third (at most) of your stocks domestic.

Should work out for either case, unless you've got a really huge windfall and you know you can do something better/more stable with it.
>>
>>1375305
not op, but in the same boat, right now i have an RRSP/TFSA, 2k/5k in each.

both are in the "TD Comfort Balanced Portfolio" i have no clue if this is the best spot to have both of them, this was just the account that was suggested to me when i was opening them up.

i know im basically asking to be spoonfed but do you know which accounts are the best/if i should change where the money is at the moment
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.