[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitcoin payment for Hotel Stay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
hey /biz/

I'm quite new here, been lurking for about a moth.
I am currently developing a website for hotel bookings that helps you pay in bitcoin.

The website is very static, and most of the work will be made via telephone/mail.
The idea is simple: I make you the reservation, you check in at the hotel and pay me in bitcoin. After that, i will pay in Cash for your stay at the reception. The service will be available only in my town (Bucharest).
I will be the first one in Bucharest who gives this payment option.

My question is: Do coiners use Bitcoin only for investment purpose or are you guys also using it as a currency?

Also, opinions from Romanians are extremely welcome.
>>
I don't see a reason to use this. Why do you think people would be interested?

to stay anon? how do you secure your risks/consumers risks?

american fag here
>>
>>1374776
Reason to use this for consumers:
Anon, plus a much simpler way. Send BTC to a wallet and that's all.
My risks will be secured via a commission that hotels are used to pay to booking agencies.

As for consumers, i guess the front office can guarantee them that they don't have to pay for the reservation, if the arrangement was made.
>>
Id say go for it. My only concern would be order cancelling and if the commision is worth your time.
>>
bitcoin isn't really used as a currency right now. Not sure in Romania but even in the USA it's hard to buy everyday things with btc. give it a shot though, see what happens
>>
>>1374812
if the hotel is not taking any penalty for cancellation, i won't either. I cannot guarantee it in any way thou. Guess my customers will have to trust me.

>>1374816
that's why i'm trying to make it easy.

anyway, that's for the advice and head's up guys. Guess i will go for it.
>>
>>1374764
How do you cover liability if they trash the room?
>>
>>1374952
The hotel will pre-auth a credit card for security even if the room is pre-paid.
>>
>>1374764
>Do coiners use Bitcoin only for investment purpose or are you guys also using it as a currency?
I do use it as a currency sometimes, but mostly for small-ish payments rather than eat into my holdings too much. And also if I'm buying something big I'll generally use a site like Amazon which I trust.

are you sure this doesn't exist on any big hotel booking websites already? I'm sure I read some news...

do you really think there would be enough bitcoin users to make it worthwhile on a local scale?

>>1374776
I like using Bitcoin as it saves giving people my card details, and honestly is far quicker too.
>>
>>1375568
OP, the hotel might have policies for you booking someone else room. Lets say they found a dead body in the room. You're implicated because you paid for the room.
>>
>>1375467
Then whats the point of using bitcoin? The only thing I can think of would be anonymity but if you have to use a credit card anyways that kinda goes out the window, no?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.