[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I NEED ADVICE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sad_uni_student_WEB.jpg (17 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
sad_uni_student_WEB.jpg
17 KB, 300x299
I NEED ADVICE

I just completed my first semester at University at 19 years of age (doing a bachelor of business). In all my units I studied as regularly and consistently as possible and I felt throughout the year that I gained and learned much of the content very well and I was pretty comfortable with it.

Long story short, I got my unit results back like a month after exams, and I failed two of the four units I was studying. Confused and shocked because I walked out of each exam convinced tat I did pretty well, let alone passed.

With my academic record already tarnished with two failed units, the burden of having to repeat those units and as a result graduate later than all my peers, I have come to the conclusion that there is no fucking point in staying in Uni anymore. I may as well get a full time job instead.

However, after explaining this to my parents etc. they were having none of it and were extremely disappointed with what I was saying in regards to quitting Uni, but who would hire someone with such a shit academic record over someone who didnt fail any units at all.

Everyone tells me that university degrees are imperative in the business/finance world, if thats the case, I think I have fucked it already after just 1 semester, unless I am wrong.

Genuinely need some help here, I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>1374208
[r9k]
>>
>>1374209
Is that meant to be the more relevant board?
>>
HR deparments don't give a shit about your academic record.
>>
>>1374216
OK but that is just limited to HR departments, what about all other departments?
>>
>>1374217

HR hires and pays you. Why would you care about anyone else?
>>
>>1374208
Why would you quit just because you failed some? If you get your piece of paper at the end no one will give a fuck.

Just finish the damn course and try to get your motivation back.
>>
>>1374208
You're a freshman, it's fine. If you kick ass from here on out they're not gonna care.
>>
Failing isn't the end of the world. Right now you are really bummed out and may not be thinking clearly about this. Think back, how many hours per week did you actually spend working? Did you go to a lot of parties? Drink every week? How high was the rate of failures in your classes? Finding out why and how you failed should be your priority if you want to keep studying. If you can talk to your professors or something like that it might be helpful.

If you lack motivation qutting might not be the worst idea. Getting a shitty McJob might give you some perspective, maturity and the motivation to go back to academia later. I dropped out after hating the first year at my University. Then I spent a few years working as a security guard and other entry-level jobs. I will be finishing my graduate degree next spring semester, almost debt-free. On the other hand, not everyone in the world needs a degree, there are other ways to have a great career.
>>
>>1374208

buy monero
>>
>>1374208
I failed 2 subjects and now I'm working as a finance and treasury graduate at a bank. Stop being a pussy and keep trying.
>>
test
>>
>>1374208
Are you interested in anything else to study?
>>
>>1374355
Maybe something computer related but I dont think I am cut out for it.
>>
You won't be able to get into Goldman Sachs, but you'll have a much better chance at getting any sort of job with a degree, no matter how many jobs you've failed. Most places won't be looking at academic records.

Stick with it. Job searching without a degree is brutal. Work part time though.
>>
Nobody cares about this shit in the real world. They're too busy worrying about lining up interviews/filling a spot.

Most HRs are lazy af, so just finish your degree and l2charm them during the interview.
>>
>>1374217

Are you for real? You "worked hard" and do business but have no clue what HR are ?

From what I gather you're failing some units 1st semester/1st year and wanna quit ? Nobody gives a shit about how well you did in your first year, if you don't get that you might as well quit but not for the reasons you thought.
>>
>>1374208
>Long story short, I got my unit results back like a month after exams, and I failed two of the four units I was studying. Confused and shocked because I walked out of each exam convinced tat I did pretty well, let alone passed.

lol sounds like bullshit, you probably know you fucked up and now you're just trying to save face. you don't go the entire year thinking you "did well" and then suddenly fail. failing is an on-going process, it's your fault for being a stupid inattentive fuck.
>>
>>1374376
Why do you feel that way?

IT looks intimidating on the outside, but it's not that bad though. Currently there is a pretty big shortage of network engineers (especially network security ones), so I'd highly recommend going in that direction. I managed to land a job as a junior network engineer just by presenting my entry-level CCNA certificate (you can grab it in a month or two if you are serious) and not looking like shit on the interview. None of the interviewers even cared that I had no college degree.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.