[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. Nowhere in it does it say invest in Trumpcoin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 259x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 259x400
Just finished this. Nowhere in it does it say invest in Trumpcoin. Is this book a meme? I wanna get rich. What do? I'm confused now
>>
>>1374144
if it doesn't say invest in trumpcoin anywhere then obviously its not a very reliable knowledge source...
>>
>>1374144
Pretty sure it's in the sequel, 'The Moon Next Door'.

You bought the low energy investment edition.
>>
>>1374144
>>1374155
>>1374157
actually it's not about investment it's about mindset, and most importantly it's about the few boomers that did not dick away their good fortune but were frugal and collected millions.
>>
>>1374144
i can tldr the majority of financial advice books for you
1) be frugal, live well below your "means" and create a budget.
2) invest in index funds never take your money out hold your stocks long term.
3) your home is not an investment it's not an asset it's a liability.
4) your car is definitely not an asset or an investment it's a fucking expense.
5) spend time on planning your finances
>>
>>1374203
how do you pick a job
>>
>>1374144
aka the Slowlane

enjoy retirement in 45 years if you live until then
>>
>>1374144
Your realistic options to become rich usually are:

1) Not, so you lead a comfortable existence as a wage-slave until you reach retirement, a) you retire on government support b) you work until you are dead.

2) You live below your means >>1374203 and follow this, you skip a lot of stuff to just be able to show something off when you are 30+, if unlucky 40-50+.

3) Learn how to steal without getting caught. Greed will get you, just as well your own stupidity.

4) Live fast, die young. Problems solved.

5) Be a NEET, live on government bux, wait for the downfall of civilization (marks your death as well).
>>
>>1374203
>3) your home is not an investment it's not an asset it's a liability.

kek

>buy a house
>rent it
>people work to pay your mortage
>after mortage paid, flip it
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>1374407
I think he's talking about shitlords that get home equity line of credit and keep spending on home improvements to bump up the home value so they're "rich" on paper

a high value home that you live in only an asset if you're about to retire and sell it. if you're living in it, you need new income sources like passive income rentals like you said
>>
>>1374203
Your house is not the same kind of liability that a luxury car is.

You at least get to live in the house, keep yourself safe from the elements, make a family with a stable place to come back to (in theory.)

If you buy an excessively large house is mostly where the trouble comes. Without a lot of hired help, those places fall into disrepair in just a few years. Your heating and cooling bills get absurd and you never use it all anyway.

There is a reason that the Biltmore family has not lived in the Mansion since the early 50's. They rent it out for social gatherings and various big events.

Saying that a house is a liability doesn't take into account that a well built house between 1,500 to 3,000 square feet is plenty of house for a family of four and gives them a good staging area to plan their life around.

A luxury car or super sports car is an awesome thing to show off and speed around in. Impressing rich clients with a rare car can be a great way to get them into your business.

For very many people though, such cars are merely toys to brag about. A modest house is not nearly as reckless of a purchase.
>>
>>1374144
>I'm confused now
Me too.
It says to run your own business and buy a $65,000 F-150.
>>
>>1374991
>It says to run your own business and buy a $65,000 F-150.
shitpost confirmed
>>
File: Untitled.png (174 KB, 1667x395) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
174 KB, 1667x395
>>1375024
I was exaggerating, but since that book was written the F-150 price has increased massively.

You basically have to be rich to buy one now, which destroys a major point in the book.
>>
>>1374155
Yea this book is a mess
>>
>>1374407
>implying you won't be 70 yo when the mortgage is finally paid
Enjoy your snail pace ROI
>>
>>1374407
you will spend more on taxes and renovations that what you get as rent over mortgage.
hence it's a stupid idea most of the time.
sometimes rents are high in an area and buying earlier was relatively cheap but no guarantee it stays that way and it requires significant luck and timing.
>>1374446
indeed buying a home on loans is not an investment it's suicide.
>>
>>1375034
because lots of millionaires had it it became a status symbol kek.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.