[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, new to /biz/ and was wondering should i use e-trade to invest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 0MBo7jZ.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
0MBo7jZ.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1200
Hey, new to /biz/ and was wondering should i use e-trade to invest in stocks or should i go straight to a firm for trading.
>>
robinhood.com

really though you're most likely better off just putting your money into a mutual fund
>>
>>1373687
could you explain why?
i have around 2k im wanting to invest and just want to know more
>>
>>1373781
Robinhood has no fees. Etrade costs $10 per trade so it takes $20 from your profits every time. Unless you put in 10k and get free trades for a while.

No one on this board will tell you to go to a real broker
>>
>>1373785
is robin hood worth investing that much in?
and how does robin hood make its money without fees
>>
>>1373682
>No one on this board will tell you to go to a real broker
Seriously. Go to a real broker.
Robin hood is a gigantic rip off.
>>
>>1373785
If you are trading so often and in such small amounts that $20 per two trades matters to you, you have already failed.
>>
>>1373891
>Robin hood is a gigantic rip off.
>Doesn't charge commission.
>Rip off
lol what a faggot.

seriously though OP if you want to start investing and are serious about growing the account i would go with a good broker like etrade or your bank might have an investment account.
If you want to fuck around and get your feet wet, just try out robin hood.
>>
>>1373891
>Robin hood is a gigantic rip off.
in what way?
>>
I would say robinhood seems pretty good but I cannot use it since I live in canada
>>
>>1373907
18 and over for this board.
>>
>open a Robinhood account
>play with shares $5>
>while doing this read everything you can. Absorb knowledge, apply theory
>review results, don't just look at it as "I made money!/I lost money!", actually work on understanding how you profited, or what the mistake was that lead to a loss in money
>TAKE PHYSICAL NOTES! Leave these notes in plain view, frequently go back to them
>never stop acquiring knowledge
>>
>>1373796
They invest your unsettled funds themselves. Kind of like how a bank makes money.
>>1373894
He said he wants to start trading, I'm guessing he doesn't have much capital
>>
>>1373682
It depends how much money you have to invest and how much help you need investing. Bankers charge (relatively) high fees for their advice but they know a lot more than anyone here and (usually) steer you in the right direction.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.