[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just opened a thing on scottrade to try buying my owns stocks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Just opened a thing on scottrade to try buying my owns stocks. Zero experience. Nvidia seems to be only good news and rising stock price. Is that a good place to start with say $1000 for my investment?
>>
why are u asking us? im sure they have an investor relations phone number on the website. if u dont know what that is. you shouldn't be buying peices of companies
>>
bump, would love to have any advice.
>>
>>1373504
RUN THE COMPANY THROUGH THE NASDAQ DOZEN.
>>
I saw a while ago someone mention volatilestock website and though there haven't been recent updates the action I took on some calls and shorts were profitable. I also submitted my pick for an analysis and I'm glad I got told to not buy, the stock. It was good while it lasted, no updates heard for a while. Brexit disrupted the market harshly.
>>
I think theyre gonna go up to 60 tops. So wait for the next time they dip.
>>
>>1373909
this, I would wait

I feel like they are at an all time high and right now would be the worst time to buy
>>
>>1373504

It has a P/E of 44.58. I'd avoid it, it's overpriced.
>>
The P/E argument is null. a lot of tech companies have high P/E because they are speculative. look at netflix with 300
some tech companies have no P/E (twitter) cuz theyre not even profitable. Nvidia at least is making bank. if you believe nvidia is the future (and it very may will be) put your 1k in it and just sit on it.
>>
you never know, Intel might buy nvidia. gaming clearly has a bright future. nintendo went up 9 bill in maket cap today. activision blizzard hit a new high all time. Nvidia could be bought by any gaming company or tech company realyl.
>>
>>1375546
The only P/E that matters is forward P/E. If you're investing off of trailing P/E, you're far more likely likely to buy plummeting stock whose future earnings prospects are dismal, but thinking you're getting some kind of a bargain.

When you buy stock, you're not paying for what it used to make, you're paying for what you believe it 'will' make.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.