[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Hello /biz/
I've never been on here before, so forgive me if this question has been asked many times before.
I've recently come across a substantial amount of money for a working class individual. I want to invest it.
My question is: what is the surest investment? I was planning on buying gold, since I've always been told that gold is the best investment.

>time is not an issue.
>I just want to make "guarenteed" money even if it's just .1% every year.
>>
government assured assets. the interest rate on the bond just went up 12%
>>
File: 1467657939255.jpg (12 KB, 273x215) Image search: [Google]
1467657939255.jpg
12 KB, 273x215
>>1373074
This poster hit the nail on the head.
>BUT
You have to make sure you're going through the right country to capitalize on government securities. I'd currently go with Japan and if you're young and you want to make a secure long term investment, get some of their 30 year bonds for solid yields.
>>
>>1373069
>I just want to make "guarenteed" money even if it's just .1% every year.

If you don't beat inflation, you're a fucking loser.
If you don't beat market indexes (SP500, NASDAQ, Dow Jones, etc), you're still losing.
>>
>>1373069
Do you own your own home? Buy your own home first. Real estate is a pretty good bet, and at least you wont be paying somebody else's mortgage through rent.
If you have money left over, buy some bullion to bury in the yard for happenings sake.
After that, go >>1373074.

Also >>1373111
is not wrong.
>>
>>1373069
>since I've always been told that gold is the best investment.
who the fuck told you that? Gold is down quite far from its peak a few years ago and even so many are saying its overbought.
>>
Don't do anything long US, avoid all the bad EU trash.

Don't buy anything government.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.