[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I can get into an education is CS, at a good college.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: mcjobs is nice.jpg (450 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
mcjobs is nice.jpg
450 KB, 2048x1447
Let's say I can get into an education is CS, at a good college. Is it too late when I'm in my thirties? Will I forever be a failure?
>>
No OP! Never too late! I'm in the same boat, different major (business administration). If you can understand the algorithms, code semantics, and the math (look up discrete math), and, most important, study your ass off, it's very possible. I'm pulling it off, and use most of my time in it (i.e., no time to bullshit/socialize). Go for it. Don't give up. Work really hard. Good luck OP.
>>
>>1372942
How do you know you'll land a job afterwards? How do you know the pay will be worth it?
>>
>>1372928
>He goes back to college in his thirties in order to better his future.
>The fucking Skeleton War begins, and all able bodied males are drafted into the military.
>The following depression leaves no jobs, ruining America, "The land of oppurtunity"
>OP looks back at his decision and wonders if he made the correct one.
>>
>>1373027
Wait what
>>
>>1372928
You're a failure once you stop trying. You got a good 20-30 years of productivity left in you.
>>
>>1372928
>>1372942
youre going to fail and fucking kill yourself
>>
What is the job market like with a CS degree?
>>
>>1372928
>CS
The fuck is wrong with you people? If you want a stable job go into health care.

Also, you can learn CS on your own. What are you looking to do with CS?
>>
>>1372928
I am thinking about this, going to comm college for Web Dev for a year in mid-30s. I am dreaming of becoming a UX designer.

Don't know if its worth it though. It seems really hard to get into at first and seems like I might need 5 years web design experience which is jacked. So I might be like 42 when I get to finally do UX, and will they not even hire me because I am too old for tech?

The other option available to me is Finance degree, no cool tech nerf gun job but at least its doable in about 2 years.
>>
No, I don't think so. Because he said good university. Programming is always needed. Do it if you like it is the best advice i can give you.
>>
>>1374075
>Also, you can learn CS on your own
This OP.
Just look up codeacademy or one of the other 100 sites based on computing.
Learn it in half the time for none of the cost.
Unless you have a specific job in mind getting a CS degree is kind of pointless.
>>
>>1373027
>implying the skeleton war did not tighten the labor market
do you even history?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.