[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 21. I took on a job selling Comcast door to door for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 196x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 196x258
I'm 21. I took on a job selling Comcast door to door for a third party contractor. I've done alright so far, and I like the freedom the job allows. The dudes that hired me seem to do pretty well, one of them owns the company and has been doing it for years. The other guy has been doing it for 3 months and also seems to do well. The owner let me borrow $100 when I was flat broke so I could put gas in my car to work. He said they like me and want me to do well. That the #1 thing I have going for me right now, despite my inexperience, is that I'm not afraid to talk to people. It's definitely promising. If I sell service to 10 households a week I could make anywhere from 1500-2000. I've always had service jobs that didn't pay me anywhere near that so I'm really happy to have this opportunity. It's basically a numbers game but I'm willing to get rejected that many times to find a sale.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone here has a sales background that could point me in a better direction. Basically I didn't get trained at all, I just watched what they did and copied them. Pretty much all my sales so far have been from people who had no service so it was an easy sell. I guess my issue is with getting people to switch and close the deal in the same day. I understand that when a person takes your number down and says "I'll call you" 90% of the time they won't.

I feel like I need this job because 1. It pays well for someone like me and 2. Persuasion and salesmanship are two skills I want to learn and improve upon. I believe they're valuable life skills, and to be honest, as aspirational as I am in my own mind, I've always been a slacker and an underachiever. I'm trying to take the actions required to turn that around.

Anyway I think I've posted here once or twice before and got some constructive advice. Let me know what you think m8eys
>>
>>1372136
invest in Trump Coin
>>
>>1372146
Seems fake
>>
Isn't door to door selling outlawed everywhere these days?
>>
>>1372416
No? It's not as prevelant but there's nothing illegal about it (I'm OP if id is different)
>>
>>1372136
Sales is one of the best career paths you could possibly make.

Right now you're a seller not a closer. Do you have a killer in you? A sales assassin has a strong "why" and uses that drive to sell and make money for their long term goal to wealth not richness (there's a difference).

What I'd strongly recommend is for you to start reading. Sales, motivation, and self help books. Make commitments and act for the long term instead of short term. Short term people are poor people. Anyways, sales books will pretty much get you going in the right direction if you're serious.

As for your current situation; here's some tips and it's nothing you don't already know:

Be confident- you believe 1000% that what you're selling is the best against all competition, ever. If you aren't sold on what you're selling, why'd people buy from you?

The people who don't buy are missing out and it means you've failed at helping them improve their living. They are rejecting themselves. Now, it's not always their fault. You will be faced with rejections where you didn't provide enough meat for them to take the bite. This is why you take notes on every single sale. You'll find patterns. Reasons people bought, rejection reasons. There's always something you can do about it.

Always ask, it doesn't hurt. The people who tell you they'll call? They have interest. Unless it's a flat out no, there's an opening, even if it's out of politeness. It means if they are 99.9% satisfied, they aren't completely satisfied at the moment. In that case you need to ask for their number. If you get it great, if not, at least you asked. Don't wait for opportunity to knock at your door. Knock it yourself - eventually you can tear down that door wide open.

There's just too much to say but in the end it comes down to whether you're lazy or not. All acts of persuasion is a sale. If you want to be a successful salesman you will figure out how to do so instead of waiting for success to find you.
>>
>>1372456
One more tip in sales biz. Always ask for a referral.

Also learn how to become an entrepreneur. That's your end game. You worked your way to building multiple profitable businesses so you have "real" money to invest in others' businesses and create multiple streams of income.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.