[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started a new job recently. Boss told me the wage would be 15$/h,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: yolojuliet.jpg (191 KB, 1056x690) Image search: [Google]
yolojuliet.jpg
191 KB, 1056x690
Started a new job recently. Boss told me the wage would be 15$/h, but got my first check today and it's actually 11.25$/h (minimum wage here). Naturally I'm pissed as I've already clocked 100h+ and I thought I'd be getting a lot more than this. Can I do anything if he refuses to change to my wage to what he promised?

In Canada, btw
>>
>>1372086
Go to college and get a career
>>
>>1372086
I'm not sure about Canada specifically but I know in the US that's incredibly illegal and you could sue him for the lost wages
>>
>>1372087
I am in college, it's summer. Sorry if I missed your epic meme, first time on this board
>>
>>1372089
the thing is, how do I prove it? All I have going for me is a private conversation with him in his office, he could just say he promised 11.25$ since the beginning. I have a feeling this is one of those situations that can drag forever until it's proven and he knows I have no time for that because I'm only working temporarily
>>
>>1372086
>Can I do anything if he refuses to change to my wage to what he promised?

sneak money away from the register, steal food/products to make up for the lost wages
>>
>>1372092
No offer letter?
>>
>>1372095
no, nothing
just a little interview where wage wasn't discussed and then a private conversation just before I started where he said he'd pay me 15$/h
>>
>>1372086
>Boss told me the wage would be 15$/h
did you get that in writing?

Always get shit in writing. Whenever my cable provider calls me and says they'll give me a cheaper and faster service, I ask for those promises in writing, and then they stutter about how they wont actually document what they're telling me with ink and paper and I hang up.
>>
god fucking damn it, I'm fucked aren't I
I really need this job but I ain't nobody's bitch, I can't just say okay and keep working after this
fuck I'm pissed
>>
>>1372086

Did he put this offer into writing (an offer letter)

If so, then yes. If not, then no, not much you can do.

Why not just ask him about it? There's a good chance he just made a mistake and it can be fixed.

If you discover him to be a liar, then quit on the spot.
>>
>>1372104
First bring up the issue with your employer. Dont be idle. Then if he denies it, Wait until the last day you quit and take revenge. Or look up your Labor bureau and file a complaint.
>>
A fucking leaf gets cucked, the thread
>>
>shitty job
>everyone keeps saying I'm doing great
>boss says he put in a little raise for me
>next day end up getting promoted for +$1/h
>he takes back the raise and I just get the $1

Fuck I should have said something. It's been almost 3 months now.
>>
>>1372089
It may be illegal in the US but if you're a poorfag wageslave then you can still get fucked.

Same thing happened to me OP.
I spoke up immediately to the manager and got written up.
Eventually convinced manager to speak up on my behalf since manager got heavy pay cut like a week later.
Manager got fired.
Tried the HR route.
HR got fired.
One last attempt, The CFO for the company worked in the same building so I went in myself.
Get fired half way through conversation.
Literally only lasted one month.
Next week COO gets caught in a sting as a pedophile.
CEO and CFO have their criminal records (DUIs, misdemeanors, everything) published by local media outlets.

Lawyers said I didn't have a case despite having a written agreement to be paid a higher wage.
At least those fuckers received some karma payback.

Last I heard the CFO had some criminal charges for "Guilt by association" or something to do with the COO getting caught.

OP, desu senpai just get a different job unless you can afford to go through the legal shit
>>
>>1372186
that wasn't a promotion anon, your boss gave you a bonus
>>
File: 1468047225179s.jpg (6 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1468047225179s.jpg
6 KB, 250x244
>>1372240
Of $1
>>
Are you sure you're not just seeing the after-tax amount?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.