[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educate me /biz/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1448560461625.png (148 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448560461625.png
148 KB, 600x900
Please tell me it can't be this fucking easy
>>Remember when oil was like at $19
>>Buy a shit load of oil
>>Realize it is now at $46
>>Sell
>>??
>>Profit
What is the catch?
>>
>>1371953
Yep, you literally need to be a moron to be poor. Curious thing is that most people are. Now, advanced question: what can you buy now for cheap that you could sell for a big profit in 6 months? (Tip: it was expensive, now its cheap, and it will be more expensive then its now in some time)
>>
>>1371958
Oil?
>>
>>1371958
I literally cannot believe it is this fucking easy you have got to be kidding me
>>
>>1371958
>literally
>>1371983
>literally

>>>reddit
>>
>>1371953
catch is you have to have picked that 19 was the low and bought
>>
>>1371958
What is it?
>>
>>1371965
>>1372009
He's talking about trumpcoin
>>
>>1371998
Well, imagine that he thought that 25 was the lowest and sold later at 40. You see the profits? And oil is not just a paper, it has inherent value to us. You cant wake up suddenly one day to the news that oil became free overnight, which can happen with any stock or currency.
>>1372009
Britain is on sale. British banks are at 2008 levels. The pound is the lowest in 30 years. And it has to do more with panic then economics. More broadly europe is pretty much on sale but I would recommend to sticking with investing in Britain. Just check that it will not be affected by deutsche bank and best if your position would benefit from its collapse, which may or may not happen but probably will.
>>
>>1371998
Usually when something has gone down a lot, in this case, 70% or more, the general direction long term will be up.

Think about oil, There is a limited capacity for storage. Also lots of production is done with leverage, so the producers must sell their product to finance loans. Therefore once the storage is filled, the price has to lower for people to use it, or risk the whole system being flooded, especially with the producers having to sell oil to cover their liabilities.
>>
>>1371953
Also, you can't just buy a barrel of oil (Well you can, but where are you gonna store it?)

You buy ETF's based on futures, which are calibrated to short or long term (USO is short term, and most people investing in it get burned, because you lose due to, I believe, Contango pricing, and the rebalencing and fees after each day)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.