[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Banks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ally.jpg (18 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ally.jpg
18 KB, 512x512
Alright biz, what are your guys' views of online banks? Such as Ally, I am wanting to trade my savings account to one for a higher APR. I am looking for overall discussions about them, the goods, the bads, the uglys.
>>
I use Ally and they seem to be just fine. They are FDIC insured and do provide a much higher return on savings accounts than Chase or Wells Fargo for example.

I wouldn't keep a checking account with them though as accessing the funds is kind of a pain in the ass. I use a chase checking account and transfer to savings whatever I can. If i need to access the savings money I can do an ACH transfer to my chase checking account and go from there.

There are other online banks that provide slightly higher APY on savings (like 1.08 or 1.1%) but Ally had better reviews so I went with them personally.
>>
>>1372028
Perfect, your response is almost identical to my situation. I wasn't planning on a checking account just a savings
>>
>>1371909

Why don't you just find a credit union in your area? They offer higher APRs, they have local branches and access to ATM networks, and you aren't giving your money to (((bankers)))
>>
>>1371909
I've had a checking account with them for about a year, and have no problems so far. I wish I would if signed up years ago.

I don't know if you know, but ally just acquired tradeking a month ago, so that should make for a very efficient system. Plus they just started their first credit card.

Also I'm long on ally, and it has a buy rating with most analysts. They just announced a 2% divided and a $700 mln share buyback.
>>
>>1371909

>2016
>not using a credit union
>>
>>1373208
>Shitty credit card rewards
>Card issued by TD Bank
>Debit cards still aren't EMV chipped
>No ATM cash deposits
>Debit cards still can't access savings account
Are people still unironically shilling this bank?
>>
This bank is acquring TradeKing, we're going to the moon.
>>
>>1371909
My main bank account is Schwab and I like them a lot, no atm fees whatsoever, and they reimburse any and all fees charged by an atm every month

I use a local bank for cash deposits after I lost my bank account since I was a kid to a buyout, I also have a Citibank savings account because I used to like going to 7/11 for free atm withdrawals when I traveled frequently and I opened it before I got Schwab, I don't use it as often now since I have the Schwab account
>>
>>1373842
I have a Schwab and like them a lot. Also have a Cap1 360 for paypal and shit.
>>
I bank with Alliant CU

>1% savings
>.65% checking
>ATM cash deposits
>Large ATM network
>Pretty good loan/mortgage rates
>Mobile check deposit funds immediately available
>>
Personally my money is in capital one 360. Pretty ok interest rate.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.