[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beginner looking to invest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1456176785859.jpg (211 KB, 1200x962) Image search: [Google]
1456176785859.jpg
211 KB, 1200x962
hey /biz/
I should have around $10,000 in savings by the end of September this year. If all goes well, and life doesn't happen, by January of 2017 I should have an extra $5,000 to play with.
Any tips and tricks for penny stocks? Or should I steer clear of them and play in the stock market? What's the best way to invest my money?
>inb4 401k
fuck that shit.

Any good books that you guys recommend for beginners?
>>
>>1371882
Use it all to short 2 year t bills.
>>
long Btc, sell when it hits 665 cause that's resistance right now. When it breaks that in the next couple of weeks at 670, long again. You can literally just keep long and shorting between 640 and 664 right now and make bank.

Short ETH in a week or so or whenever the time limit is up for the DAO hacker decision

https://whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS

Do it there cause the spreads are good right now and probably the most straight forward exchange when it comes to leverage trading.
>>
File: guacmyshitup.jpg (36 KB, 663x495) Image search: [Google]
guacmyshitup.jpg
36 KB, 663x495
>>1371886
What are t bills? I'm sorry, I know almost nothing about investing. You might as well assume you're talking to a retard.
>>
>>1371882
MGT
>>
>>1371895
go read a fuckin book or just go spend your money on lotto because you sound like a fuckin retarded nigger
>>
>>1371900
so... recommend me a good book to start with instead of complaining that I know nothing. I've already explained that I know nothing. Everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
>>1371907
start reading. it doesn't matter what exact book you start with. just keep going.
>>
File: 1293502286306.jpg (9 KB, 351x327) Image search: [Google]
1293502286306.jpg
9 KB, 351x327
>>1371897
MGT my nigga
>>
10k is enought to actually invest on not garbage. Go do some research online, especially into Vanguard ETFs (VYM is my favorite). Don't let people here scam you into pumping their bullshit penny stocks and cryptos.
>>
>>1371882

Got some tips for ya but it'll have to wait; taking a dump before my drive home, lol
>>
>>1371897

MGT my niggas.
>>
>>1371882
Make a drivewealth/investopedia account and practice.

Or just download RH and dive right in.

DW doesn't really have penny stocks, though.
>>
>>1371928
>>1371939
Thanks you guys. this should really help me start learning. I'll look into it when I have more time.
Who knows, maybe I'll be able to save up $20k soon and it'll be worth it to invest in something awesome.
>>
>>1371939
Or use think or swim for free and actually learn the domain first so you know how to protect yourself when you yolo on something stupid.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.