[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corporate communication/social skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1405252684519.jpg (7 KB, 222x250) Image search: [Google]
1405252684519.jpg
7 KB, 222x250
Hi /biz/, anyone else having shit social communication at work due to being the youngest person there?

I'm 10years younger than my all of my colleagues and way too direct in my communication (90% of everything I say is work-related and it sometimes pisses people off.) I'm one of those 'no fun allowed at work' people I guess..

How the fuck can I fix this? Any reading-material etc? I already tried asking them for their holidayplans & their children, but after that they just shut down (they literally never ask me things about my personal life).

inb4 dale carnegie.
>>
In a similar position, but my situation is almost completely different from yours. I'm about 7-10 years younger than most of my colleagues, and I only ever say hi, bye, or something work related.
They'd make half assed attempts to make conversation so in return I'd give them a half assed response. Truth be told, I don't like talking about my private life with my colleagues.

You kind of remind me of a co worker of mine. Are you sure you're not just socially awkward?
>>
>>1371542
> Are you sure you're not just socially awkward?

I am socially awkward, but I'm also only work-focused, which seems to piss off some people. My boss likes that I work hard without bullshitting, but I'm not making any friends with it.
>>
There's nothing wrong with being a "boring person". There's no reason to waste your time talking about last night's baseball game or someone's kid's piano recital. If others are pissed off that you are focused on work, then they are the ones being unprofessional.
>>
Fuck'em man. I mean, you're doing your work. That's all. Things get real when they start bullying you but that's a whole new issue.

It's up to you what stuff do you want to share and if it's worth the time the social interaction. Do you want him/her as a friend? Go for it. You just want a coworker? Then be nice (say hi and bye) and work.
>>
>>1371522
I'm at least 15-20 years younger than almost all of my colleagues and I find it hard to relate to them. I just try to be polite.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.