[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are minimum wage jobs so hard to get? >Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: kill me.jpg (30 KB, 647x451) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
30 KB, 647x451
Why the fuck are minimum wage jobs so hard to get?

>Will be college freshmen next year
>Thought I'd save up some money
>Started applying to jobs in mid may
>Have applied to 40, majority in person
>Got good references, previous job experience, am clean cut

- I worked at a restaurant for 2 days before they decided they weren't hiring
- Did a shift at another restaurant and they said I 'did great' but they never got back to me
- Just worked at a burger place for 2 weeks, area manager let me go because 'they've been slow', although said it had nothing to do with my work.

What the fuck, /biz/? I've made more money speculating on cryptos than I have working my ass of to get a job this summer. Is it even worth it?
>>
>>1370563

>- I worked at a restaurant for 2 days before they decided they weren't hiring
You were let go
>- Did a shift at another restaurant and they said I 'did great' but they never got back to me
You did not make the cut
>- Just worked at a burger place for 2 weeks, area manager let me go because 'they've been slow', although said it had nothing to do with my work.
You were let go

tl:dr you either do a good job the first time and suck afterwards or you generally have a bad aroma/personality after people get to know you.
>>
>>1370572
>you generally have a bad aroma/personality after people get to know you.
at least with this most recent place it def wasn't that, the person that made the decision was a higher up manager who I'd never seen or talked to before
>>
>>1370582

people talk
>>
>>1370598
maybe so but my main manager seemed to like me.

anyways, can't say I'm not looking forward to the world of real jobs post uni
>>
>>1370582

You lied and >>1370572 was able to call you out.

You're a bad lier. Really. You are.

You're just getting started in college; not even Fall semester.
You're thinking of saving money. Thinking.
Your applying in person instead of online. Not 1950.
You don't have good references, your job experience is Walmart and you're "clean cut".

Its you. Stop blaming others.
>>
>>1370563
Economy is crashing down.

People are buying less.

Companies are laying off people at alarming rates.

There's no new jobs.
>>
>>1370607
What is your point? When did I lie? When did >>1370572 call me out?

Also
>You're thinking of saving money. Thinking.
Yes that was my thought process for getting some shitty summer job
>Your applying in person instead of online. Not 1950.
Are you implying that it's better to apply online? The only place that came close to working out is one I applied in store.
>You don't have good references
I have my previous boss and school advisor, perfectly suitable for an 18 year old
>your job experience is Walmart
It's actually Jimmy John's, which should be pretty good for other fast food jobs
>you're "clean cut"
So it's better to be some sus looking druggy when applying for cashier jobs?

>>1370613
>There's no new jobs.
That's not what the data says
>>
>>1370628

Oh. You're 18 trying to apply for cashier positions.

Explains a lot actually.
>>
>>1370635
I worked at the cash register back when I was 16 just fine
>>
OP why don't you try working at your Jimmy Johns again ? They already know you and everything.
>>
>>1370664
None around me were hiring before. But I checked again and one is now, so gonna go fill out an application tomorrow. Thanks anon!
>>
>>1370677
No Prob. Idk how it is at Jimmy Johns but at Mac Donald, if you've worked at one for sufficient time ( so you're virtually good at any task and they don't have to waste time teaching you how to make a bigmac in 30 secs ), you can apply to any other Mac Donald super easily.
>>
>>1370563
Because the economy is shit.
Because illegal immigrants are taking all the shit jobs and employers prefer them because they are easier to exploit.
Because said illegal immigrants have anchor children that are now grown up and are taking more jobs.
This causes Americans to compete for fewer jobs and employers can now pick and choose out of a virtually unlimited pool of well qualified workers.

This is the future and there's nothing you can do to change it.
>>
>>1370563
>Why the fuck are minimum wage jobs so hard to get?

Wat?

They are insanely easy to get. Apply to 15 a week and you 100% got one in a month.

It's so fucking easy man
>>
>>1370563
because the jews are imported limitless ghoul hordes, where have you been for the past century?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.