[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a better major, Marketing or management? Are any of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1466935026032.jpg (36 KB, 592x578) Image search: [Google]
1466935026032.jpg
36 KB, 592x578
What is a better major, Marketing or management? Are any of these majors good at all? Or am I gonna waste my time and money?
>>
>>1370450
>Or am I gonna waste my time and money?

This. College is a scam. Do not go unless you want to be a wage slave the rest of your life.
>>
>>1370450
Both are ultra-trashy. Want to learn marketing? Start by being affiliate. Want to learn management? Work your way up from shelf-stocker in a supermarket. These techniques allow you to earn while you learn, instead of wasting your time and costing you 5-6 figures.
>>
>>1370463
That's why I'm considering management so i can focus on enterpurnership and start my own business eventually. I think the classes will be helpful with that
>>
>>1370468
I work at walgreens already lol and I got my first two years of college free with a dual enrollment program at a community college.

I have my AA degree already
>>
>>1370477
No. Fuck, Jesus Christ.

They teach you useless shit at university. I learnt more in 3 days at a finance place about the Financial world than I did at my time at uni. The only thing that I couldn't have learnt/been trained in was the quantitative side (maths as I am a double degree in finance, math).

You will get more valuable knowledge out of experience than you will at tertiary education. Stop.

The only thing remotely useful is accounting as that will teach you cash flows, ratios and other things.

If you want to start a business, you don't need to get a degree first, you need to have a good idea, a loan, savings you are willing to risk and a fallback job if it doesn't work out. Putting yourself in debt for getting a shit piece of paper that is more frowned upon than admired will just put you further behind in your quest to become a successful business owner
>>
>>1370450
I've got a major in marketing.

The problem with learning marketing through affiliates etc. is the skills are specific to that.

The major gave me a solid foundation, but didn't teach me anything about time management, prioritising tasks, meeting deadlines and generally being fucking employable.

If I had to do it again, I would drop marketing it and study a more technical major - accounting.
>>
>>1370541
Do you have a job in marketing?
>>
>>1370549
I did have a job in marketing. I quit in March after 3 years. I worked on a big campaign for those three years and when it wrapped up I threw in the towel.

Why do you want to work in marketing?
>>
>>1370450
a marketable management major, construction or information systems
>>
>>1370477

Lol no.

>>1370505

This guy gets it.
>>
>>1370477
If you have college debt you're at a disadvantage when starting your own business.

The most important thing you need to focus on is cash flow, if you have debt repayments you are starting with a negative cash flow. It's an extra pressure on you from the start which isn't likely to return any value.
>>
>>1370468
The American dream of working as a shoe shine boy and building it into an empire are over.
>>
>>1370576
I want a job in marketing because i want to be creative with my job not just be some slave in an office. I'm sure eventually I have to be a slave but not all my life
>>
Self bump

This board is dead
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.