[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Government bond rate in the US: 0.45% a year Government bond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: buy-t-bond-3-200x300.jpg (20 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
buy-t-bond-3-200x300.jpg
20 KB, 200x300
Government bond rate in the US: 0.45% a year

Government bond rate in Brazil: around 15% a year

Thoughts?

That's 15% a year no risk, not considering the risk of default, and you get your returns in three years.

It looks interesting. Good yields and low risk.
>>
>>1369003
>15% a year no risk, not considering the risk
lol, that's not how it works bruh!!
>>
Except South American shitholes have a history of defaulting.
>>
>>1369003
>15%
Yeah there's gotta be a catch m8, low risk my ass
>>
>>1369015
But that is how it works.

>>1369059
The only risk is defaulting, and the country coming out of its recession has been improving its fiscal deficits, meaning that risk basically doesn't exist.
>>
what is currency risk
>>
>>1369073
The Brazilian currency has devalued over the past few years. Even if it kept devaluing, 15% a year really does make up for it.

The tendency for the currency though is to stabilize, seeing as the determinantes of the currency have been stabilizing.
>>
brazil is literally on the verge of collapse
>>
>>1369093
Based on what?
>>
So guys, reasons for not investing in Brazil:

>Currency risk
>Default risk

What else?

Are there any pros in buying BR government bonds?

I'm seriously considering investing my money.
>>
>That's 15% a year no risk, not considering the risk of default,

This is the most retarded thing I've heard in at least 3 months
>>
>>1369003
From Wikipedia

2011 to 2015
Real/USD from 1.55 to 4.0
That's a dramatic change Op
Are the bonds available in USD lel
>>
>>1369067
i don't think you understand "risk"
>>
>>1369110
Country risk, aka change in Brazilian leadership that does something stupid
>>
>>1369003
Pretty gay that we can't get paper bonds through payroll in the US anymore. Guess they don't really want working Americans to invest in their country anymore.

Anybody else find it stupid that they cut that program to save money and are now squandering more than they saved putting niggers and women on half the bills?
>>
>>1369110
https://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/how-to-make-300-gains-in-this-beaten-up-market-1

Maybe you should, and short the country.
>>
>>1369308
the wealthy invest in return for legal and political favors. this is common knowledge. Of course they wouldn't want us to invest. its easier to control a population that struggles
>>
>>1369308
You can still get bonds through your tax return
>>
>>1369015
This, fuckshitbrainspurg
>>
>>1369308
You can get the electronic bonds by payroll which are pretty much the same thing considering that paper bonds couldn't be redeemed unless they were checked against an electronic list.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.