[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gold / Silver Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 79240_slab.jpg (15 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
79240_slab.jpg
15 KB, 295x295
Hello /biz/. I've done very well in the stock market recently, and I'd like to turn some of that profit into silver and gold for my holding. My question is, what are the different types of silver / gold that I can invest in and how do I know which is the best buy?

I was on a website, looking at some bard and slabs, and different ones with different designs sell for different prices. Why does silver have different values depending on the type of bar (these were the same oz. value, so one wasn't bigger than the other).

Thanks.
>>
Premiums vary from mint to mint, and anything on the "Good Delivery" list costs extra.

You want 1ozt gold bars and 10ozt silver bars. These sizes are typically bought by both refineries and private collectors. Any smaller and the refineries won't buy them - they need large amounts of silver at a time, so anything less than these sizes are typically passed over. Any bigger and private collectors can't afford them.
>>
>>1368032
Thanks for the advice, anon.
>>
>>1368032
Also, are people likely to buy one bar over the other? For example, if I bought a Royal Canadian Mint bar, would it be easier to sell it than to sell a Scottsdale Reserve bar?
>>
>>1368038
Any time.

Also it should be noted that numismatic coins can yield higher profits, but it's hard to find collectors of specific coins making their liquidity questionable at best.
>>
>>1368043
Also, are people likely to buy one bar over the other?
Generally, no. Silver collectors collect silver and don't care where it comes from but you will find a few sticklers that only buy Good Delivery bars, or only buy bars with certain security measures.

I started out buying only Sunshine Mint products because they have a micro-engraving security feature that makes it easy to spot fraud products. After I learned more and more about the properties of silver I bought a multimeter and started buying anything I could get my hands on. See, nothing conducts/resists electricity like silver except silver. If someone finds an alloy with the same conductive properties it's likely the product would be too big or too small to pass as the real deal.
>>
>>1368025
yeah but, '...the overwhelming majority of the world’s gold is in the hands of Jews, hoarded in vast vaults. If all of it was released on the marked at once, your coins would suddenly be worth nothing.'

food for thought:
http://www.dailystormer.com/our-money-is-jewed/
>>
>>1368043
As long as they're from reputable mints, i always choose the one that looks nicer.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.