[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is bullshit and we all know it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: US_flag_48_stars.svg.png (6 KB, 220x116) Image search: [Google]
US_flag_48_stars.svg.png
6 KB, 220x116
>people bitch about how university costs too much
>live in 2016 when we have the fucking internet and can just learn everything online if we were actually so interested in the material or if they actually needed to be certified(like engineering or medicine) then just go to a community college for two years and then transfer into the place that gives them the most financial aid

Fuck people that bitch about this shit. You deserve it if you're too dumb to see these obvious solutions. No, it doesn't matter where you go or what the reputation of the university is. Go to Linkedin and check out how places like MIT, Stanford, and Harvard do against shitty school nobody cares about like South Dakota State University, Arizona State University, Kansas State University, and they do practically the same fucking things. Undergraduate programs are the extremely similar everywhere you go. There are guys that went to Oregon State University who work at NASA and all of the other cool places, just like MIT grads.

Stop thinking in terms of these stupid ass scores and ranks. They don't mean fucking anything. If you pay more than $15,000 per year to go to university, you're a fucking moron unless it's like top 30 in the fucking world.
>>
File: college.png (502 KB, 592x415) Image search: [Google]
college.png
502 KB, 592x415
For fucks sake, this guy basically copied the CS bachelors degree from MIT and did it in 12 fucking months for $2,000 years ago.

https://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/myprojects/mit-challenge-2/

Obviously, CS is a bit easier to learn yourself from home, and employers usually don't even care if you don't have a degree if you're impressive, but just the fact that this shit is TOTALLY possible and costs fucking NOTHING compared to a degree should be enough. As a bonus, you'll be so much more motivated if you were able to do it all by yourself. If I was an employer, I'd hire the guy that was an autodidact before some normal person that just was taught everything.

If you really wanted to learn it, you'd do it yourself.(unless it's something like engineering where you literally need a B.S in engineering for them to even let you take the FE exam and become an actual engineer(?))

I decided to write this because of my own problems with going to university at the moment. I just don't want to deal with this shit. Paying like $20,000-$30,000 per year just to waste my time and take four years of learning to do something that I could do for two months of working at McDonalds and one year of learning. It just doesn't sit well with me. It makes me feel like a schmuck. Going to university isn't required. We don't NEED to do it to have decent lives. We're not fucking idiots. So many of these people go to university for shit that just doesn't matter and isn't required and end up in debt. I'm a 21 year old NEET and I know that I could just move out and live on some part-time job and learn exactly what these people in universities learn without all of the hoops and DEBT.
>>
Agreed.

It's all about doing what you love.
>>
So you're flunking, or otherwise failing at University, and you're here to try and justify your shortcomings? It's quite common around here, don't worry.
>>
>>1367951
I'm not in university. I've never gone. I've been looking into it for the past several months to go for this fall. I just don't see the benefit of doing it over learning it by yourself and getting a job that way.
>>
>>1367953
Ok, well you said you were having problems. So what problems are you having?
>>
>>1367953
Depends on what you want to do. In most cases, sour grapes and a distrust of autodidacticism will keep you out, along with having no proof that you know what you say to the breadth expected. In others, it's a matter of licensure or a legitimate need for graduate education in the field.

So yeah, you either come off as a total weirdo unless you already have a job or business, or can't pursue a master's degree to do what you really want to.
>>
>>1367934
>totally easy to get a development job without a degree as long as you lie like crazy
Fixed that for you.

Ad was said in another thread, no jobs between cheap poo and overpaid liar.
>>
Google the economics term "signalling" and come back, OP.
>>
Problem with that is a lot of places require you to have "X" degree or diploma etc. You might know just as much from self research and learning but it wont matter if the company requires a degree
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.