[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start a business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 435x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 435x269
Where the fuck do I start
>>
>>1367854
Jot down business idea and plan. Few bullet points and what not just to stay focused on business goal.

Buy service to set up llc (or w.e) and find an accountant.

Register all permits with city.

Register trademarks / logos

Hire people

Throw money at marketing

And your done.
>>
>>1367854
What do you want to sell?
>>
>>1367867
Fuck all this. This is a waste of time. First determine if your business is viable by actually selling your goods or services then worry about all the legality and red tape later.
>>
>>1367854
What the fuck do you want your business to do
>>
Read maximum achievement first you plebe.
>>
>>1368439
Actually this, it might seem stupid but its quite the opposite. You want to determine if theres a market for the product or service you're selling before you sort out legalities and put the paper work in.
>>
>>1368439

There's a local store that sells the products of other small business (mostly clothing).

They sell whatever is vogue at the time.

For example, Rockabilly related shit is super popular.

I don't know how it works exactly but I think the store gets a cut of the products sold and/or charge rent space too.

Would this be a good place to start?

Depending on what he wants to make?
>>
>>1367854
you don't
/thread
>>
/lit/ here

start with [spoiler]memes[/spoiler]
>>
>>1367854

It's very simple, you make a sign that says $1 Blowjobs, put it outside your house, then you start sucking dick, profit.
>>
>>1367854
First you need capital. The quickest way to get a capital is to jump on a crypto-coin before the pump.
1. Buy low (best for now is PutinCoin)
2. Wait for the pump (I will personally pump in ~50 Btc soon). The pump is initiated by insiders who collectively pump the price up
3. dump
4. profit
>>
>>1368893

How about selling Adderall and tutoring Calculus to stupid university students?

While saving every penny and living like a miser and saving up a good chunk of capital?

Is that a decent start?
>>
>>1368899

Yea, as long as you're disciplined enough to put away every little pebble you make anything goes really.
When I was a kid I used to walk along the highway with a trashbag, collecting cans and bottles to recycle. One day I walked by this pretty well known alcoholic, he had a whole garage literally 2/3's full with beer cans, he was throwing them in from a window. I made a bit over $300 out of that.
>>
>>1368877
Stores like this rise out of a need. I dont think the guy who owned the store one day had the idea "I will sell other peoples stuff and charge them rent space". I think most likely he already had the location and knew of another business that had overflow inventory and started from there. This is exactly how businesses like Ross and TJmaxx got started. They would buy up all the manufacturer defects and out of style brands from local clothing manufacturers and sell them at a discount. Eventually Ross did so well that instead of just defects, clothing labels would specifically create cheap clothing for Ross to sell. This way, companies like Ralph Lauren could preserve the quality and integrity of their brand and still charge top dollar for their expensive lines while they peddle cheaper shit to a poorer demographic. If you have ever been to outlet stores they operate the same way.

With that being said, opening a successful brick and mortar clothing shop is rough nowadays. You either need a brilliant location or fantastic advertising/marketing. Personally, I would take the money I would have dumped into a lease and build a solid online shop and spend that money towards advertising that. You dont want much overhead costs when you are first starting a business. If it becomes successful and you find yourself with too much inventory that you need to dump you can always expand to a brick and mortar later.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.