[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Desperate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 200_s.gif (41 KB, 418x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41 KB, 418x200
Today I failed my first year of university in an IBMS program. Don't know what to do from now on...advice?
>>
>>1367252

This was me. First year I was a microbiology/finance double major. GPA of 0.6. Got expelled. Joined the Army. Went to Iraq a couple times. Literally paid to kill Hajis.

Now out, getting 21k a year in compensation, went back to uni, crushed it. Scholarship to grad school. Crushed it. Now making six figures.

TL;DR - Sometimes the timing just isn't right. Take the summer to figure out what's next.
>>
>>1367320
Would you recommend the military for someone who is young with no current ambition to do anything but make money?
>>
>>1367320

I'm biased, but it can't hurt to talk to a recruiter, take a look at the world and your goals, and go from there. The Army changed my life, but everyone's experience is different.

I would just caution you to only consider military jobs which will advance your career goals. Don't join the artillery of you want to be a network engineer, for example.

Success requires a shittonne of work. There are no shortcuts, no matter what the /biz/fags tell you.
>>
>>1367516
yes.

Save your cash. buy a duplex or more house with VA loan. Rent to Other servicemembers. Rinse Repeat. Soon you'll be a cashlord.
>>
>>1367320
Should I try again in a different university or just find a job and try to make some money?
>>
>>1367564
likely no uni is going to let you in beyond community college.

Do you think you woke up and know what you want? if not travel, work, or military to get your head out of your ass.

I don't know you and can't see if your head is out of your ass.
>>
>>1367320
how old are you now
>>
>>1367545
what branch would you go to if you could do it again for the first time knowing what you know now?
>>
>>1367320
10/10

You did well good sir
>>
The world needs ditch diggers 2....
>>
>>1367729
Different person, former army here. My order would be air force > navy > army > marines
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.