[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /biz/ We meet for the first time I am about to inherit 200k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So /biz/
We meet for the first time
I am about to inherit 200k euro and i was thinking about investing in Sensory deprivation tank facility in a country where it has none so far.
Do you think this is a wise idea? i was looking in the internet to see how they do in other countries but i found no credible sources so far.Anyone here has any input for me?
Other ideas for investing are also welcome
I was thinking in creating a business in Europe but i am open for other continents as well
>>
>>1366761
Chain of V.R. arcades. Stick em in decent malls. Charge 10 for hour of gaming. 10-15 units a store.
>>
File: 1467881678825.png (787 KB, 672x625) Image search: [Google]
1467881678825.png
787 KB, 672x625
shameless bump
>>
>>1366783
How much does a single V.R arcade cost? I actually thought about it and find it very interesting
>>
>>1366788
No clue. With computer, software, head set, controller and omnidirectional device for movement...guessing 3k. But when. You can charge $10/hour easily and have ten set up I imagine a very quick return on your investment. If I wasn't broke I'd be doing it.
>>
>>1366761
All I can say is the sensory deprivation tank that opened a few months ago in my neighborhood where there was none now needs to be booked weeks in advance.
>>
>>1366799
Noice
I really believe that its a solid investment because you are aiming for middle class and upper mainly and i think charging about 40-50 Euro per 45-60 min is fair.
Do you know how much they charge for a session and how many minutes it is?
>>
>buy tiny island in pacific and establish sovereignty
>import hundreds of isolation tanks, surgical tubing, and swill/slop
>legalize ketamine and order kilos from India
>offer to hook very rich people up to automatic feeding/waste disposal and ketamine IVs inside of an isolation tank for millions of dollars a year
>???
>use profit to buy dolphins and kettle-bells

In all seriousness, you won't have a lot of luck with overseas sensory deprivation tanks. Most of their popularity in the states stems from their use in hokey new age medicine, those places would go under within the first year if it wasn't for the vague "toxic cleansing" nonsense on the banners outside of practically every one. That's not to say the international crowd doesn't have their share of idiots, sensory deprivation tanks just weren't established as strongly in most of their new-age lore. You'll also have a lot of trouble getting good footing. Anywhere you'd find your target demographic of twenty to fifty year-old trend hoppers, you'll find at least one hole in the wall with rock bottom prices and a history of good business.

If you were to do it anywhere, probably Berlin.
>>
>>1366798
3k seems a little low desu.Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Are you not afraid that over 2 to 3 years home V.R arcade will be available for less , making a V.R arcade obsolete? The way internet cafes and Video clubs died over a few years
>>
>>1366805
I believe i can manage to stay alive even with low traffic for 2 to 3 years and i truly believe that wealthy business people and artists would go crazy over it once they learn about it. I was thinking with working along with Medical / Psychologist and Philosophy Universities with very favorable to them terms to spread the word in those social circles for me without lifting a finger. And i am a believer of making new trends not hopping in already existing ones and here in Greece there are no Sensory deprivation tanks so far
>>
>>1366799
Also where are you from?Europe?
>>
>>1366806
Its only a matter of time before they are cheaper and more widely available. Actually 3k I'm thinking is tip top, probably will be able to do it cheaper. Especially if you buy in bulk. 10 unit store, over the year I'm guessing will average 3,000 a week. When schools in itll draw back business. So looking at 150k for a year. So even if it goes mainstream, still money to be made in the mean time.
>>
>>1366805
Also i was thinking that over time , if business goes well , when i would get wealthy clients i could make it like a nice meeting place for them to talk about things off the record by creating a Sauna as well in the building or another low number of people private activity, you get my drift
>>
>>1366823
Word.
Thanks for you input anon.Its my first time in /biz/ and desu i did not expect serious answers since when i post something in every other board its usually trolls and people making mean and without sound reason comments and i know /biz/ hate the
>hur derr tell me how to make monie
threads
>>
>>1366829
No problem, all I do anymore is daydream businesses. This is one of my more favourable ones. Look into aquaponics too. A single seed can net you $1 in 5 weeks. Especially with all the organic freaks out there.minimal labor. Once you have it set up right, as easy as printing money.
>>
>>1366761
Are you not afraid of somebody with a history of mental illnesse comming as a customer and having a freak out? Or just somebody having a freak out and the potential liability in court? Make everebody sign a waiver. Also instead of buying a tank how much would it cost to make one? The concept seems very easy and the manufacturers of existing ones would have a super high mark up on a closed plastic tank with some salt water, salt water not included.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.