[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much money is needed to live a basic, NEET lifestyle permanently?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1379141977102.jpg (43 KB, 576x406) Image search: [Google]
1379141977102.jpg
43 KB, 576x406
How much money is needed to live a basic, NEET lifestyle permanently? And how can this money be obtained without having to interact with society or other people?
>>
>>1366459
Just kill yourself instead
>>
>>1366464

you first
>>
>>1366459
Make it on the Internet
>>
A paid off house and 300k. This assumes a low cost area of the country. If you are going to do outrageous things like need a new GPU every year then you will need a part time job. Keep in mind you don't need a smartphone, because you'll be at home.
>>
>>1366469
Nah, assuming you have a car already, you can get by on $150,000. Buy a $30,000 one-story house in some rural mid-western shithole and eat frugally and never go out or indulge, just pay internet and whatever other bullshit you have going on.

Should hold you off until you die at 50 from depression/suicide/alcohol/whatever
>>
Depends how long you intend to live for and where you intend to live.
>>
>>1366476
>Nah, assuming you have a car already, you can get by on $150,000

I assume no car at $300k. I've done the math. 150k isn't possible unless they are expecting a better than 10% return on the money.
>>
>>1366459
Depends on were you live and how much your monthly expenditures are. In US rural towns you can get a fairly cozy house with annual taxes that are only a few hundred bucks. Taxes and living costs tend to grow exponentially the closer you get to a major city.

Another thing you could do is get a place in another country. If you invest some $200K in the US stock market while taking out 10% each year for living expenses you will get about $20K annual with whatever percentage is left to reinvest. $20k may not seem like a lot in the US but in most eastern European countries that would put you near the middle class.

Getting a part time job every once in a while would help as well. Not just for money reasons but for your mental health.

Good luck.
>>
>>1366532
>If you invest some $200K in the US stock market while taking out 10% each year for living expenses

There is no possible way you can sustain 10% withdrawals. Classical wisdom on the "safe withdrawal rate" (amount you can safely withdraw every year from your investments without running out of money before your retirement ends) says about 4%, look up the trinity study for more info. But that's only for a 30 year retirement. I assume a NEET wants to retire as fast as possible, which means not working until age 60, which means he might need to sustain a 50+ year retirement. In that case he'll only be able to withdraw about 2% a year or else he'll end up overdrawn in a bad economic year and his retirement funds will run out. $20k USD will be a lot in a foreign country, but you'll need at least $1M USD to be able to withdraw 20k a year for 50 years.
>>
>>1366459
High dividend paying stocks

youl need atleast $500,000 in these stocks to net between $15,000-$25,000 in dividends every year

Get working, do it for 15-20 years, live like a monk for the entirety of it. No BIG TRUCKS, no FANCY SPORTCARS, no OPULENT JEWELRY, no LAVISH MEALS

and you can enjoy retirement at age 40-50 and live like a KING off wise investments
But no, you probably wont, youl invest a few thousand in whatever SHITCOIN ponzi scheme /biz/ throws at you, figure out its a ponzi scheme when suprise suprise that money you gave to backroom dealers is gone and you cant get it back
>>
>>1366459
Like a certain amount without having to earn anymore money ever?

I'd say 10 million
>>
>>1366595
>Get working, do it for 15-20 years, live like a monk for the entirety of it.
You forgot to mention it needs to be an above-average paying job. Something like Silicon Valley dev range.

>>1366597
>I'd say 10 million
Mr Money Mustache claims to live off a single mil.

>>1366459
I wish you financial freedom OP but your "I want everybody to just fuck off" attitude isn't healthy. Long periods of NEETdom and solitary life lead to insanity.
>>
>>1366604
>Mr Money Mustache claims to live off a single mil.

Depends on your lifestyle.

If you want the bare minimum, then a mil will last you.
>>
>>1366604
>You forgot to mention it needs to be an above-average paying job. Something like Silicon Valley dev range.

ehhhh WRONGO

im a tradesman and i put 25 grand average away per year, in 20 years gods willing ill have a paid off house, 500k+ in investments and i can retire to some beach to oogle young girls in bikinis

you dont need silicon valley tier jobs, you just need to be prudent.
>>
>>1366569
The problem with this calculation is that the NEET will still have $1M when he dies, which defeats the purpose of the plan. The point is to have close to zero dollars at death, so that the NEET accumulates the bare minimum needed to carry out the rest of their existance.

In this case, I think 600-700K would be adequate, but would have to do some math to get an exact figure for 20k yr for 50 years considering diminishing return on interest until the account is empty.
>>
about 100,000 invesTokens
>>
File: Un676.png (2 MB, 1918x791) Image search: [Google]
Un676.png
2 MB, 1918x791
10mil atleast because 20 years from now 1k is like $100

inflation is a bitch, so is this planets people.
>>
>>1366459
Why the fuck woudl you WANT to be a NEET?

It's so fucking boring, it sucks absolute dick
>>
>>1367164
Thats why you have a nest egg that allows drawdown AND reincestment for inflaion dumbass

186k @ 7% (historical s&p average is 7.7% , rounding down here)

Live off 4% (10k a year , vegetarian bike riding NEET with a paid for residence) , reinvest 3%
>>
400,000 Trump coins will do it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.