[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /biz/ think of the career "Occupational Therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ota.jpg (699 KB, 3000x1619) Image search: [Google]
ota.jpg
699 KB, 3000x1619
What does /biz/ think of the career "Occupational Therapy Assistant" (OTA). It's a 2 year college program that is rather difficult like Nursing, but probably not as bad. And you will make something like 45-50k a year starting. I was thinking about doing it, but its very difficult to get into, and only 3 colleges in my state offer it. It's probably roughly 10k to finish the entire course, but making 50k a year, you can make that back quick. Anyone have any experience with this field at all? If its worth it, I might get an apartment a few hours away to attend one of the schools.
>>
I think the lady on the left could use a good dicking
>>
10k is a pretty good deal for that. I was doing DPT for a while, but switched.

OTA has the same problem that PTA (physical therapists assistant) has. It's harder to get jobs due to the new medicare and ACA rules in hospitals and out patient clinics.

Most hospitals and clinics are just hiring OTs and PTs instead of the assistants because medicare won't pau for certain therapies done by the PTA and OTA.

This seems to affect major cities more than smaller ones.

Make sure the well isn't dry in your town
>>
if you want a 2 year degree where you make good money in healthcare, go for ct technologist/ ultrasound tech/ mri tech. Or respiratory therapist if you want a lot of action.
>>
The healthcare meme bubble is about to pop and everyone will be making dam near minimum wage due to the surplus of scrubs
>>
>>1366366
I would do dialysis tech instead. Less schooling and you make about the same salary.
>>
surgical scrub tech is a 2 year. Not sure how long it takes to become a perfusionist but they make like 100k
>>
>>1366399
I don't believe this at all.
>>
>>1366400
>>1366406
Well i generally wanted to do something that makes a difference in someone elses life. I already have a background in fitness and a bit of terminology, and I wante dto do something with therapy too so I mixed them together. Plus the OTA program doesnt require math which im super retarded at. I just want to make it okay and be happy.
>>
>>1366379
How can I make sure my town isnt dry? And do you see that changing anytime soon?
>>
I'm the anon above on my phone at work now.

Just get inline and find out how the job listings look. Go shadow some people and ask others view their job search went.

There is going to be major shift in healthcare when the boomer generation is gone. No one knows if it will be positive or negative though.

On one hand, you have the money pit know as medicare getting some relief, and on the other, you now have a surplus of both hospital and bureaucratic jobs that are no longer needed.
>>
>>1366957
In your opinion, where will the healthcare go? DO you think it will still be similar to what it is now? DO you think if you are great in the specific field of healthcare you are in no danger of losing your job?
>>
>>1366985
>>1366985
bump
>>
>>1366456
You think helping old people will make a difference in their life? Their life is over. They just play the waiting game
>>
>>1369023
then what should i do?
>>
>>1369549
become a deep sea welder, live frugally and make smart investments that yield 20%+ returns annualized, when you have enough money move to the cayman islands to avoid capital gains taxes, marry a thai ladyboy and secretly clone 4 or 5 genetically perfect swedish children and raise them to believe in some kind of übermensch ideology
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.