[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get over fear of uncertainty? I want to try new things,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
How do I get over fear of uncertainty?

I want to try new things, as in apply for a better job, attempt new money making methods, specifically creating a Youtube channel.

I feel unsafe and scared to do it, I don't want to spend a lot of money trying something because I would be left without a safety net.

How do I get over this dumb fear?

Any good book to recommend on the topic/similar?
>>
Ask yourself:
What are you scared of?
What is the worst that can happen?
>>
You are going to eventually die no matter what you do.

Might as well try as hard as you can to make yourself happy
>>
>>1366354
good point
>>
>>1366341

> How do I get over a fear

expose yourself to the thing you fear repeatedly until it no longer makes you scared.

t. Professional counselor
>>
>making a youtube channel
>expensive
>>
Why would a YouTube channel in anyway be productive
>>
>>1366391
I dont exactly have money to put down on video and audio equipment

>>1366394
something to do while not at work
>>
>>1366341
Try /r9k/
>>
Just fucking do it. You'll discover that it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. Then when you're faced something unfamiliar again you can say 'last time wasn't so bad' and be able to move forward. I once canvassed for a guy running for office. Knocking on somebody's door knowing only that a registered voter lived there was scary, the first couple of times but after that was easy.
>tfw he didn't win
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.