[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: PwC.jpg (139 KB, 1245x945) Image search: [Google]
PwC.jpg
139 KB, 1245x945
I am meeting a woman who works as a Risk Assurance Manager at PwC today. I had emailed her asking if she could answer some questions I had about Risk Assurance and she suggested lunch to talk.

I will be a Senior studying Accounting this next semester and have intentions of going on to get my CPA.

Anything I should keep in mind?
>>
Wait u can do that and they respond? My mate literally told me to do that, I didn't think anyone up there would oblige
>>
File: Arroz-con-Pollo.jpg (727 KB, 2304x2272) Image search: [Google]
Arroz-con-Pollo.jpg
727 KB, 2304x2272
>>1364463
Don't sperg out, be polite, act the part.
Remember, everyone loves to talk about themselves ask for her story, day-to-day stories, etc.
>>
>>1364767
"How to Win Friends and Influence People" haha thanks man I was planning to do that didn't know if I was missing out somewhere else
>>
>>1364759
This woman talked to a class but you can send emails I mean worse case scenario they don't respond. Be genuine asking for info about industry not so much "omg PWC I need job"
I also work in my alumni fundraising center and have met with multiple guys I've talked to or have emailed back and forth
>>
>>1364855
solid advice thanks bro
>>
>>1364855
>omg PWC I need job

I really don't understand why people have to pretend they "don't really want the job" when they need that job to survive and pay the bills?
>>
>>1364916
At least in my industry (Logistics) I try not to hide or obfuscate if I know about any job opportunities when I talk with people. Some other people act like if they even mention they know about an opening it is like their entire world falls apart.
>>
>>1364916
>>1364924
I was trying to say if you want to have a networking meeting don't be a fan girl about it just be genuine you have questions to ask
If you want a job say you want a job
>>
4 years Deloitte CPA here (in Canada). Not meaning to scare you, but women in Big4s are very dangerous in the sense they'll literally try to get men fired to get promoted. If anything, she'll try to hire a girl over you. Best advice I can give you is listen to her shit and make her feel like she's in control. I'm not suggesting sounding dumb, but do not make her feel like you could potentially usurp her job at some point because you're more qualified/smarter/etc.

tl;dr let her talk, be docile and keep questions to a minimum
>>
>>1364463
I have a grad position in Risk Advisory for Deloitte. Not sure if they're similar, but if they are then it has little to do with actual accounting. A lot of what I'll be doing is like social engineering, testing the human aspect of security and risk at other firms and the such. Just communicate well and if you can somehow drop hints that you're suitable for the role then do that. Good luck op.
>>
>>1365197
I'm currently applying for a Risk Advisory role at PwC, could you please give me any advice for my application? Is there anything you noted had that u felt secured your position over anybody else?
Anything would be appreciated:))
>>
>>1364767
Fuck that looks tasty what is that lad have you got a recipe
>>
>meeting a woman who works as a risk assurance manager

TELL US WHAT YOU ARE ACTUARY GOING TO DO
>>
>>1366666
wasted.
>>
>>1366667
Fuck you that was an awesome pun.
>>
>>1366666
>>1366666
>>1366666
>>1366666
>>
>>1366681
I actuary laughed a little.
>>
>>1364767
God damn it that looks good
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.