[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We seem to be in relatively volatile times USA >Real unemployment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1464609676449.jpg (39 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1464609676449.jpg
39 KB, 600x484
We seem to be in relatively volatile times

USA
>Real unemployment near 10% when taking into consideration the artificial deflation of the rate via temp job surges
>Recent rise in metal prices, seeming indication of some people's fiat shortcomings
>Some big potential bubbles like Tesla and Amazon (Amazon has a 300 P/E ratio, maybe growth potential warrants it though)

Euro
>Brexit
>GBP rapid decline
>Potential dissolution of the EU (if continued exits)
>Euro banks flailing, DB may into sudoku

China
>Where to start, there are so many bubbles or signs of bubbles that it's blinding, weird shit abound

Canada
>The housing bubble fueled by extra-national (mostly Chinese I think) money
What is everyone thinking? Still prosperity on the horizon or some looming downturns? I realize everyone has been predicting a recession literally every year that an economy has been in existence, just wondering what everyone's outlooks are relative to investing/saving in the near future
>>
>>1364221
How did you go about that, physical or otherwise?
>>
File: 3seed.jpg (231 KB, 453x807) Image search: [Google]
3seed.jpg
231 KB, 453x807
>>1364221
>>1364231

>mfw I bought into gold in a big way at £700
>>
>>1364237
When do you plan to get out? A certain climate or a certain price?
>>
>>1364244

I'd base it more on climate. If we see more QE, lowering of rates, wobbles in the global economy, then I'm likely to stay in for the present. I'm watching the dollar price rather than the £, but then if the pound recovers I need to be wary as a fair chunk of my gains have been driven by that. Although we're nudging up towards all-time highs in gold prices, relative to currency in circulation it's still at a historic low. I was tempted to cash in after the initial Brexit bounce, but after the briefest of corrections it's resumed its moonward trajectory. I just don't know.
>>
>>1364263
My investment in gold was stock based, Barrick @14, feeling pretty damn good about it.

I'm getting a little jumpy though relative to some of my current mutual fund investments, I'm up about 40% (after calculation of all fees) since 5 years ago. I'm thinking about saying "hey you won, cash it in, wait for a significant financial event downward and then jump back in"

I'm not hurting at all right now, I've got about 50k in the bank, 300K in the market..........just kind of think it might be time to hop out for a while.

I'm definitely not implying there's no money to be made right now, however, I'm starting to feel the big bear coming soon, like 12-24 months
>>
Lads I'm going to buy Persimmon (builders) and Lloyds Banking Group. Hear me out.
>big businesses, provide an essential service
>customers almost certain regardless
>people need banks and homes
>very low p/e ratios and good dividends
>fear driving prices very low
Am I wrong?
>>
>>1364219
We need a one world government.
>>
>>1365442
The question is, is the fear justified? If we have some type of economic collapse (in whatever area) then in that area banking and building are going to be fucked. The banks are going to be so busy getting their shit straight that nobody is going to take out loans at that time to build new shit, the builders will stagnate, expansion will cease, for a period, because nobody has any money to build new shit.

I'm more of a safe money guy, I'm no penny stock warrior, I foresee the dissolution of the EU and the collapse of multinational banks that are overstretched in certain global economies as very real possibilities. Your reward right now for buying in while there are so many indicators of a global downturn in many economies is going to minuscule relative to the risk you're taking.
>>
>>1364275

That's some gud coin man. What's your income and how long have you been contributing?
>>
>>1365959
77K, ~5 years investing, I'm 32, I don't really spend any money, just save it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.