[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I took out a bunch of loans and credit cards and maxxed them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1464757033500.jpg (165 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464757033500.jpg
165 KB, 1200x1200
If I took out a bunch of loans and credit cards and maxxed them out but then suddenly died, would my family be responsible for the debt?
>>
>>1364084
shut up
>>
>>1364084
You obviously don't mean your kids. Do you mean your mommy and daddy?

I don't know, they probably would try and collect it from them. Fucking /biz/, Jesus Christ..
>>
>>1364084
Part of the "probate" process is to allocate all your assets and liabilities. This would include sending a notice to whoever you owe money to stating you're "deceased". After all your assets are liquidated, if any, lenders/banks are the first to get paid back and any money leftover, if any, would go to your family after attorney fees. Some cards have built-in insurance that relieves you of your debt if you die, so maybe read the fine print on any cards/loans you're thinking about getting.
>>
>>1364084
OP obviously on suicide watch
>>
Loans on what? Any financed real estate or car would get repossessed after your death.
>>
>>1364084

Unless they were named as a guarantor, debt can't magically be passed on to a relative. If you have any assets (house, car, etc), they would been seized to pay for the debt but if you don't have assets to the sum of your debt, the company just has to take hit.

That's my understanding anyway.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.