[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible business idea if you have been on /pol/ You would have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1467773902478.png (353 KB, 1065x869) Image search: [Google]
1467773902478.png
353 KB, 1065x869
Possible business idea
if you have been on /pol/
You would have noticed the Chicago police scanner general and how thousands of people are listening to it for hours as they hope to hear black people die en mass(they are never disappointed)
Would it be legal to make a live stream of drones flying over Chicago(mostly the north west and south east)
Then broadcast the live video footage with live maps of Chicago and someone narrating what is occurring as he keeps a tally?
>>
Pretty sure you need some kind of governmental approval to have a drone flying over the city.
I don't think that you would get it.
>>
>>1364440
The worse areas are in the suburbs and no one really owns property in those areas not to mention if shot down they are not allowed to have guns or shoot down without a good reason(implying they can hit something more than a foot away).
>>
File: 1467312029382.png (1 MB, 935x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467312029382.png
1 MB, 935x1200
>>1364440
I could tell them it is for a documentary...which is not a lie
>>
>>1365188
you're retarded. no suburb is as bad as englewood or austin.
>>
>>1364058
After August 29, 2016 you'll need to register your drones with the FAA under the Small UAS Rule (part 107). See the FAA website for details:
https://www.faa.gov/uas/
I'll copy-paste the pertinent part of the FAQ to help give some perspective:
>Flying for Work or Business (non-recreational)

>How do I fly a UAS for work or business purposes?
There are three ways to fly a UAS for work, business, or non-recreational reasons:
1. Following the requirements in the Part 107 rule
2. Following the rules in your Section 333 grant of exemption
3. Obtain an airworthiness certificate for the aircraft

>I am part of a Federal/State/local government office – how can I fly a UAS to support a specific mission e.g. search and rescue?
- You may either operate under the Part 107 rule, or you may apply for a public Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA) for certain operations.

>Can news media fly a UAS to shoot stories or cover breaking news?
- Media companies may use a UAS, but must adhere to the requirements of the Part 107 rule. This includes not flying over non-participating people without a protective structure. Organizations may request a waiver to fly over people, and will need to provide sufficient mitigations to ensure public safety.

>What options do I have if my operation is not permitted under this rule?
- If you are operating an unmanned aircraft that weighs less than 55 pounds, generally, you may apply for a waiver to request special permission to conduct your operation. Generally, you must submit a waiver application that outlines how you intend to safely conduct your proposed operation, including any additional risk mitigation strategies you may use. An online portal will be available through www.faa.gov/uas for UAS operators to apply for waivers to applicable parts of the rule. Get more information in the FAQ section on Permissions, Authorizations, Waivers, and Exemptions.
>>
>>1365236
In general, if your copter is non-obtrusive, and less than 55 lbs., you will most likely be able to gain an exemption as a "media company", but will likely be required to stay within the guidelines of "not flying over non-participating people without a protective structure". You may be able to get an exemption, but who knows.

IANAL, but your best bet is probably to provide safety mitigation plans and gain a waiver to exempt yourself from not being able to fly over people.
>>
>>1365236
>>1365243
These are both me (using VPN).

For the record, I think it's an awesome idea (but for more than just the Chicago death toll), and would love to be involved if you decide to get serious about this.

Nightcrawler had it all wrong; the future of capturing news stories is drones.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.