[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From a long term security, quality of life, ease to get into,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
From a long term security, quality of life, ease to get into, and monetary standpoint is CE/EE a better degree to get than Computer Science? I want a tech degree because I like computers.

My educational weakness is mathematics, only slightly though, and I am strong with science, especially physics.

I'm leaning towards CE/EE, but I might also enjoy computer science. My school I'm looking at is well known for having good programs for both.

Can I get some input from those already in the fields on what I should major in? What are the jobs like?
>>
Nope
Underage b& nobody over the age of 18 is stupid enough to actually follow their dreams
>>
>>1363978
Nope, I'm 18.

I hope you are being ironic about that last part, what you are talking about is wasting tens of thousands on a audio engineering degree because you like skrillex.

Both options I narrowed are actually viable options.
>>
>>1363992
You suck at math you won't survive an engineering program
CS is an over saturated field you'll eventually just give up
>>
>>1364048

This, you will give up and you are bad at math. Better to go to trade school.
>>
>>1364057

Disregard this, i dont want to ruin someones life. I'm an ee graduate and its great. You will succeed op
>>
>>1364048
I'm actually decent at math, its just that most of my other subjects are above average. If I don't take honors math courses and study I should do well. It's not like a barely passed algebra 1.
>>
>>1363970

Why not do both, OP? I don't know about your particular school, but I feel like there would be a fair amount of overlap between the math courses for each.

I think you need to have an honest look at your career goals and your willingness to work hard and choose a path accordingly.

Also, don't listen to these fucksticks. All it takes to succeed is hard work. No one is born "good at math." There are only those who can't be bothered and those who are willing to work to be successful.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.