[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here believe that cryptocurrency will become the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hiyb31mbkldbkvhmulwt.png (258 KB, 688x457) Image search: [Google]
hiyb31mbkldbkvhmulwt.png
258 KB, 688x457
Does anyone here believe that cryptocurrency will become the world standard before we begin to see the effects of the "Singularity"?

I was thinking about this earlier and I have no idea what to even think of it, other than that it sounds fascinating
>>
File: 1467621977709.jpg (200 KB, 528x527) Image search: [Google]
1467621977709.jpg
200 KB, 528x527
>>1363421

That's easy, ofcourse it will. Everyone should own at least 1 Bitcoin. It is your civic duty if you care about your family, yourself, or the human race in general.
>>
>>1363421
I doubt there will ever be a singularity
>>
>>1363428
So you say it will happen BEFORE, and >>1363429 says the Singularity won't even happen at all

Why don't you think it will ever happen?
>>
If it does, it will be a very long time in the future and it not be any of the current.

All of the current cryptos are either blatant pump n dumps (eth, trump, waves, sia, and the hundreds of dead ones) or they have zero consumer confidence due to the constant "hacks" and black market usage.

If it does happen, you're most likely to see it come out of the push for more globalism.

Cryptos have no benefit over USD right now. Why would you use crypto over a regular wire transfer for anything other than trying to send money to third world shit holes and your only goal is to keep it off the books?
>>
>>1363441

Fair point with your last sentence, although there are plenty of small Ma-n-Pa stores that are using them in Europe since they're tired of the Euro and Bank fees associated with Debit card usage
>>
>>1363447

I'm not saying they can't be used, just that they have no mainstream appeal

If a crypto is going to be used as a global currency, then it needs some kind of benefit over current means.

It's extremely simple to just wire transfer money around the world.

A Bitcoin transfer requires you to buy btc with USD or other currency, transfer it to the other person, and then they have to transfer it back to a fiat currency if the place they plan on using it at doesn't doesn't accept btc.

Considering that most people are not trying to stay off the books and don't care about privacy, it just doesn't work right now.

You could probably argue that as globalism gets worse, the political nature might make btc or some other crypto transfers and transactions more appealing to regular people.
>>
>>1363438
Technology won't grow exponentially like that
>>
>>1363569
This.

Moore's law was not a law, and its over since 2015.

Curiously, all those things about "singularity" and AI started because this "law", that was based on 5 years of evidence.
>>
>>1363601

>he says with less than 2 years of evidence
>>
>>1363467
A USD transfer requires you to buy USD with btc or other crypto currency, transfer it to the other person, and then they have to transfer it back to a crypto currency if the place they plan on using it at doesn't doesn't accept USD.

In fact it's probably even harder than that because you'd need to have a bank account or some other setup that requires a lot of trust. Current currencies are worse than crypto and that will be pretty obvious if a critical amount of people start using and accepting crypto for payment.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.