[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a crappy night shift part-time job. I am trying to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I have a crappy night shift part-time job.

I am trying to find full-time work.

When I find a day job, do I need to tell them that I'm going to keep working nights? Do I need to tell the night job that I found a day job? I plan on keeping the night job considering the manageable hours and the useful pay at this point.
>>
>>1361394
bumping op I also need help with this
>>
Nigga, it would help you in the long run that both jobs are aware of the other so that you can have a legit reason to request specific hours. On the other hand sometimes you get petty faggots for management who shit their panties at the thought of needing to consider your needs as a person into their business plan.
>>
>>1361394
how the fuck are you gonna work all day and all night. i think you forgot about sleep buddy boi
>>
>>1361463
If you set up your schedule properly you wouldn't need to sleep between shifts, you'd just feel pretty shitty. I do midnights on weekends and stay away on the Sunday to study then sleep till class starts. I feel down but I still get it done.
>>
>>1361469
there are other ways to make money without living in hell balla
>>
>>1361394
Depends, what makes it crappy?
>>
2 part time jobs, 2 full time jobs, one part one full?

Only the first last one are doable senpai
>>
>>1361463
The night job is super cushiony. At this point, I can get my nightly duties done in an hour. Three hours max, and that's like WW3 situation. It's not a matter of getting the work done.

My concern is that I tell the new place I'm sticking with the old job and they're like, "Oh so you're not 100% dedicated to the position we oh so benevolently let you have? Millennials amirite?!?!?"

It's like 9 to 10k per year. I can't pass that up at this point in my life. I could pay off my student loans in two years with that money.
>>
>>1362844
What sort of industry is this? In my experience, moonlighting is generally frowned upon, but at some companies it is expected and encouraged.

I know of a major company that refuses to hire full-time workers because they don't want to offer benefits. So they stress schedule flexibility and try to stylise themselves as a fun second job or a great college job. They have horrible turnover, so management is more concerned about keeping warm bodies in desks that's meets the monthly quota.

I've also worked for a really paranoid manager who would go to incredibly extreme lengths to hunt down anyone she even suspected of moonlighting, even though the majority of workers had no benefits and were part time minimum wage.
>>
>>1362910
It's a dead end manual labor position. I've been doing it to get me through college but I've gotten so efficient and familiar with it that it's like I get paid $30+/h. Most of the people I have worked with in this job have day jobs as well.

I guess my main concern is about telling the new place, not so much with the job I have now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.