[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How inflated is the current tech bubble and how bad is it going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: retardsquare.png (338 KB, 489x519) Image search: [Google]
retardsquare.png
338 KB, 489x519
How inflated is the current tech bubble and how bad is it going to be when it pops.

Pic related: Normie retards learning how to code their first "Hello World" statements so they can apply for help desk positions at facebook
>>
It's 2000 all over again. Pure speculative bullshit.
>>
>>1359725
lets make a startup, I don't know how to program by the way but we can hire Pajeet for that
>>
>>1359726
Sweet. I estimate we're already worth $150mil.
>>
>>1359747
I'd like to buy you guys out.

How about $200 million in shares?
>>
>>1359760
$300mil? Why only $400mil? I'll talk to my partner about your $500mil offer.
>>
the Internet isn't new so there isn't insane speculation like the 90s

Google isn't going to fail
Facebook won't either
Twitter will fail

What other tech companies are going to fail? They all get bought up too quicks Whatsapp probably would've failed, but they got bought.
>>
>>1359792
people are already dissatisfied with facebook, what are you talking about. Once a platform that you can prove isn't hoarding, analyzing your every internet move so it can do product placements everywhere facebook will be gone in less than a year. Even back when myspace was "the shit", its crumble became sudden

you think shit on the internet says up forever, well you're wrong. Do you remember boingboing.com? ofc you dont, you have 9fag and 4chung now.
>>
>>1359785
(((You)))
>>
>>1359804

Facebook isn't like MySpace now. MySpace semi survived by turning into a record label. Facebook will survive because it's bought other companies. There's multiple sites out there that let you login using Facebook which is just too convenient for people. Didn't they launch a PayPal type thing last year as well?
>>
Amazon's P/E is currently 300. It's going to pop, and I'll invest in it after it does.
>>
>>1359792
>Google isn't going to fail
Too bad.
>>
>>1359845
I'm invested in Intel, AT&T, Alphabet, Alaska Air Group Inc, Hewlett Packard and Bitcoin. Will I get through the market's next crash? All of my stocks seem undervalued in comparison to other stocks of the same sector, and I have confidence in their underlying business models so I think I'll be okay.
>>
>>1359813
Yeah, but someone actually needs to RELEASE a new version of that type of site before anything changes
>>
>>1359725
So how to we profit from this? Whatsapp, Instagram, LinkedIn are certainly not worth 20 billion dollaridoos. Do we short Facebook and Microsoft?
>>
Every tech company is inflated apart from Google Facebook and airbnb
>>
Does this mean we will see smart phones at an affordable price in the near future when the bubble bursts? As far as I am concerned, 900 dollars for a phone is a fucking rip off.
>>
>>1360858
Just buy one of those pay as you go phones. Fucks wrong with you.
>>
Any suggestions who to short?
>>
>>1360858
Just get a Chinese phone, same or better specs for half the price
>>
>>1361032
I'd rather suggest to buy second hand phones. Half the price but full benefits.

Source: I'm a smartphone repair guy
>>
>>1361013
Cause I'd like a smartphone

>>1361037
yeah eh? I still have an iphone 4 because I refuse to upgrade but I guess buying a used phone would be the way to go.
>>
>>1361067
Because of my skills I paid less than 200 for an iphone 6. But second hand they go around 400 in my country while the new price is 700. There is alot of profit to make and you won't even notice that you are using a second hand one because it's all the same.
>>
>>1361073
what kind of repairs do you perform, what's wrong with the phones you buy for 200 bucks and flip for 400 etc?
>>
>>1361087
I buy them with a malfunction such as a broken screen. In this case the frame was a bendgate and I had a spare laying around. I paid 160 for the phone itself with box and charger. I could have bought a genuine frame for 80 if I didn't had the spare laying around so you can say my phone costed me 240 total. At the time I did this the phones went 450 second hand.
>>
>>1359726
Pajeets are awful at programming, this only works if you have a bunch of extremely experienced programmers ready to work 60+ hours a week to fix all their shit, no pun intended.
t. data engineer
>>
File: 1334383839232.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1334383839232.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>1359845

And their profit has gone up 30% each year since 2010.

Financial metrics are for uneducated morons anyway. What really matters is that AWS holds a dominant position in a market that is growing at an exponential rate. They are not going to 'pop'.
>>
>>1361098
Where do you buy these phones and how do you know they aren't stolen?
>>
>>1361136
If they were stolen they would be icloud locked.
>>
>>1361158
what if it isnt an iphone
>>
>>1361217
You're asking questions like a kid. What answer do you want to achieve?
>>
>>1361227
Im looking online and people want fucking 700 dollars for a used iphone 6. IDK where you're seeing these deals. I live in Canada.
>>
>>1361241
I live in Belgium. Aren't you looking for a 6S instead of a 6?

Also, try to buy from private persons only.
>>
>>1361246
yeah but that would be even more expensive
>>
In Belgium we have some big second hand sites. But what also works is facebook second hand groups. Check on Facebook if there isn't any available for your neighbourhood.
>>
You might aswell check for an iphone 5S. They tend to sell for very low at the moment. You could get one below 200.
>>
>>1361270
my problem is my 4 is so fucking laggy and slow, most likely because its bloated down by the new OS. Only question is how long till a 5s has the same problem.
>>
>>1361286
>most likely because its bloated down by the new OS

Yes, it is.

>Only question is how long till a 5s has the same problem.

Don't update it. And try to prevent filling your space with useless games.
>>
>>1359804
Boingboing is still around, just not as relevant as it was 10 years ago.
>>
I'm going to try and get someone to fund my wifi connected watermelon and then I will report back.
>>
>>1359804
Facebook is not just facebook.com anymore

Zuckerberg probably could care less if the website gets shut down
>>
>>1359845
>using trailing P/E to value amazon
>>
>>1359720
it's inflated enough that some friends of mine are actually going to try to take advantage of it by making a website and trying to market it until its value has been artificially speculated to hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars
>>
>>1363117
make sure you let us /biz/ boys buy some shares early on and dump before it pops
>>
>>1359720
Here's the thing, this time it's not a tech bubble, it's a VC bubble. Tech is going to remain big business, it's just that VCs have realised that pouring money into startups is a chumps game, so that not just any dickhead can make an app, get funded but still have no clue how to monetise it, which is currently the case.

It's the reason Dropbox were shitting themselves about profitability recently, they know what's coming down the tracks.

Programming jobs will dry up, but a lot of data jobs and other jobs that involve programming in some way will be find (e.g. Business analysts, data analysts)
>>
supply chain is the future
>>
>>1363151
i'll keep you all updated
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.