[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying off Alibaba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1467553436335.png (1 MB, 943x621) Image search: [Google]
1467553436335.png
1 MB, 943x621
Does anyone here have experience of buying stuff wholesale from Alibaba?

I'm looking to sell some white label supplements (i.e. just repackage them with my own brand) but it's not simple. I have a couple of choices:
- Buy supplements in bulk (300,000+ a go) from China, buy bottles, design label, etc. separately. It's more complicated but will reduce costs. Difficult dealing with Chinese people because their English isn't great
- Buy supplements from American company that packages them, lets you design your own label, etc. - much easier and they speak English so easier to clarify what you want but much more expensive

Can anyone with experience of this give me some advice? Ideally I'd go with the Chinese (cheap) option and enjoy better margins, but it seems more risky

Thanks
>>
>>1359699
Go to /g/, they have /csg/s (Chink shit general) for things just like this
Also dont by anything that goes inside of you in any way. you'll literally give your clients mouth cancer.
>>
i looked into the supplement thing as a side-biz, but decided against it as i'm not in the USA.
buying from china takes longer, maybe a month to get it delivered to the USA, then you have to sort out the customs thing. plus you need to put a lot of trust into someone in china. you can find a lot of legit businesses on alibaba, but you have to ask yourself is the difference in cost worth the extra stress and risk. (i have done a wholesale deal (not for supplements) in China and it was actually pretty easy, they got me quotes for shipping, arranged the shipping, designed labels and spoke english with lots of communication.)

the white label companies in america are all set up for your plan. they even add on the barcodes amazon need if you're selling using amazon. plus it's a one-stop shop. and you can say it is "made in the USA", instead of "Made in China".

i'd recommend you ask the companies to make you a non-stock blend of whatever supplements you want, so you can market them differently as super-strength, or as satisfying the daily requirement. if you check amazon, you see many people just offering the stock options with different labels as this is the cheapest and lowest volume option.

Pros of USA- made in USA, quality, convenient, no customs hassle, quick
Cons of USA- lower profit margins.

in my opinion, the made in the USA white label option is the best.
>>
Start with the american company, they'll do it right and let you order lower quantities and let you focus on the value added for this business model, the branding. It's a deal you can't refuse. Then when you're more experienced you can cut them out and do more in house.
The tv show "the profit" has several episodes themed around this process.
>>
>>1359766
>>1359816
Solid advice. Thanks.

I'll go for the US white label option and look into getting the costs down later.

In fact, having received replies from a few US-based suppliers I'm surprised at how low the price actually is. Definitely the best option for now.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.