[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever left their current job for a competitor of that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: saull.jpg (162 KB, 680x480) Image search: [Google]
saull.jpg
162 KB, 680x480
Has anyone ever left their current job for a competitor of that company?

I have a clause in agreement that says I can't within 4 years of working for them. They didn't really specific who exactly was a competitor, so it could be broad or narrow. Either way, the only way for me to get a higher pay is with the same job type and skill. My current company has a high turnover rate anyways. I'm just worried they might try to sue me.
>>
Pro-tip: noncompete clauses that lock you out of the industry are unconscionable. That makes them legally unenforceable.

You're good.
>>
>>1359061
I left Google for Apple
>>
>>1359067

Also, since they drew up the contract any ambiguity is interpreted in your favor according to contract law.
>>
File: 68a3a4_4747190.jpg (11 KB, 410x623) Image search: [Google]
68a3a4_4747190.jpg
11 KB, 410x623
>>1359068
wow mr.silicon valley hotshot over here
>>
>>1359076
What is the point of your post?
>>
>>1359088
>Needing a point to post
>Ever

What was the point of your Mr cool guy?
>>
Unless you are actively caught committing " business espionage" or are using your insider knowledge to leverage a job at a new company, there is virtually no way to enforce it or even make it hold weight in court.

I'm not a lawyer, but I work high up in tech and I've never heard of a non compete that went anywhere that didn't involve collusion between the new employer and the employee. It's rare to even hear of a non compete going to court to begin with
>>
>>1359067

this.

noncompetes are a joke.

The ONLY danger is if you (A) steal company specific secrets (like the recipe for Coke) or (B) you take a bunch of clients with you.

And even then, they have to prove the above in a court of law.

NC's are a joke and should be treated as such.
>>
The only way to know for sure is to talk to an employment law lawyer. The language in the contract might not hold up in court. ie Courts have ruled that a person has a right to make a living and non compete clauses can not infringe on that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.