[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freelance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
How do I live life like it is done in Wild west outlaw, Pirate, Mercenary or Guardians of the Galaxy movies? Or the game Freelancer? The Witcher genre of books?

What kind of services should I be offering people and who should I know so I could be free to go wherever I want to, get into conflict zones and keep it all going by cash I get paid.

Salary paying occupations fit in here, but as long as I don't have to stick around for a very long time to get anything interesting done.
>>
>>1357124
Long haul truckdriver. You basically live in your cab, some of those shits are set up like tiny one room apartments.

If you want danger and high pay they're always looking for people to transport goods across warzones.
The downside is you might get blown up by an IED, or horribly tortured and killed by a militant group.
>>
>>1357133
Ye mate always liked the idea of logistics.
That's an option.
>>
>>1357124
pretty much everything illegal.
Drug running
Weapons trading
Mercenary company
Robbery

Legally,
Backpacking laborer
Drover

You would like the anime cowboy bebop
>>
>>1357133
>>1357124

Going off that last bit mentioned. I've been looking into it but there are some companies that will pay you a lot to do overseas work.
I've heard some say you can make six figures working with oil companies in certain regions. Though I can't seem to find any solid links that don't seem fake/sketchy.
But that's something I'd consider doing especially while young.

You could try to find work with defense contractors? If you're healthy you could go military for a bit then go work for a security company.

I'm super interested in stuff like this too OP. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.
>>
>>1357142
Am In Lithuanian military right now, it's boring as fuck and we don't get to shoot very much or do anything useful. Learned the very basics I could have done over youtube. Plus got evaluated as a total cripple even though I did muay thai and worked on a farm back home with no problems. Can't really go into any Professional Military Contractor kind of business unless I muscled in and started my own little shitty company which is still an option, though straightforward suicidal.
Saw some vice documentary on russian pilots transporting goods somewhere in south africa. And another one on truck drivers in west africa. you could check them out on vice channel.
>>
>>1357156
Starting your own company does sound very difficult. Especially in something as cutthroat as mercenary work.
I also saw the africa video a while back. But apparently they don't like white people that much in some parts.
I wonder who pays those truck drivers so much? Why not get cheap African labor to drive a semi for you? Getting a CDL/learning to drive a big rig isn't too complicated.

I've been looking at oil companies because they'll take STEM majors and pay well plus housing.
>>
>>1357160
Probably have to hook up with some really high up government officials to get you going in that kind of business.
>>
>>1357124
Become a gunrunner in Africa.
>>
A few questions for you OP.

What country are you from?
How old are you?
What ethnicity are you?
What academic qualifications do you currently hold?
What work experience do you have?
Do you have any health problems?
Are you physically fit?
Do you have a criminal record?
Do you have any dependents?
Do you have any savings and/or could you borrow large amounts of money from your family?
>>
>>1357197

>What country are you from?
Lithuania
>How old are you?
20 in 7 days
>What ethnicity are you?
White as fuck. Baltic.
>What academic qualifications do you currently hold?
None
>What work experience do you have?
Lumber assistant. Warehouse worker(beer)
>Do you have any health problems?
Scoliosis, Full foot thing, Doesn't impact my performance.
>Are you physically fit?
Not fat, not weak, not a strongman either, Average.
>Do you have a criminal record?
Passenger without a seatbelt.
>Do you have any dependents?
I am absolutely free.
>Do you have any savings and/or could you borrow large amounts of money from your family?
Don't have any family. Will get ~1300Eu in 2 months for my service in military.
>>
>>1357160
>I wonder who pays those truck drivers so much? Why not get cheap African labor to drive a semi for you? Getting a CDL/learning to drive a big rig isn't too complicated.

Private contractors are favoured over recruiting from local population for a number of reasons but the top three I'd say are:
Operational security.
Personnel security.
Labour stability.

If you're operating in an unstable region you won't be able to do thorough background checks on locals, you don't know who they might be secretly linked to.
Even if the local contractors are kosher you might be putting THEM in danger by letting them work for you. Hostile regional actors may hurt or threaten them or their families.

It's just safer and more efficient for everyone involved.
>>
You wanna be a cowboy? Africa's the Wild Fucking West right now. There are dudes rolling around in trucks with AKs that collect taxes from their fiefs. There are private contractors out there gunning for top dollar.

First, you enlist in the military. Train yourself to peak condition, volunteer for frontline infantry shit. Get out ASAP.

Join the French Foreign Legion. Network and take care of business until you get an in with a private military contractor. From there, extricate yourself from the FFL and gear up for your private sector work.

Go on adventures. Get into shit. Get rich.
>>
>>1357210
Damn. I don't know shit about Lithuania I'm afraid so my suggestions might not apply.

I'm guessing your scoliosis makes it impossible to apply to transfer to the airforce in any kind of flight training, which is a shame because commercial airline pilot might suit you and they love to recruit from ex-airforce.

Does Lithuania have a merchant navy? For most countries you can make really good money in the merchant navy if you can handle sitting exams and rising through the ranks. You would eventually leave with very attractive private sector skills too.
>>
>>1357227
Nah mate. Don't have any of that.
And our airforce is pretty fuckd. Getting a chance to even try to fly one would be near impossible.
>>
>>1357241
Alright well... maybe your best bet would be leaving Lithuania? You have a right to work in other EU member states yeah? And you seem to have a pretty great grasp of English.

Why don't you have any academic qualifications? That might be a problem.
>>
>>1357249
Been thinking of moving to Sweden or Holland, but don't really know what to do there for work. But only temporarily until I figure out what other adventures I could take on.
Right now I have achieved 30+ days of living in the woods. I Want to get renown as an adventurer and not rot and die.
>>
>>1357219
I suppose that does make a lot more sense.

Where do you find these contractors?
Also do you know if there any tech/IT/software jobs seeing as I'm a CS major so I'd be much better at that.

>>1357222
What about for those with no military experience?
>>
>>1357256
Ukraine? choose your side wisely tho.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.