[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, just turned 21. Getting a Comp Sci degree and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1b52EkC.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1b52EkC.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
Serious question, just turned 21. Getting a Comp Sci degree and about to graduate.

My current plan is to save 80% for myself and send 20% to my aging parents. I only plan to save my money in the bank and live minimally.

Anything else I should do to get set financially at this stage so I don't regret life when I'm old?
>>
File: babygrinch.jpg (12 KB, 282x282) Image search: [Google]
babygrinch.jpg
12 KB, 282x282
>>1356223
Sending 20% to your aging parents? That's very gracious of you. I hope you're not paying for some stupid debt of theirs, though.. hopefully it's some medical expenses.

What else to do financially at this stage in life? Buy and hold physical gold and silver as a hedge against inflation and future market uncertainty. Besides that, financially.. there's a lot you can do from looking to buy a house (bad market ATM), to land, to stocks, retardcoins..

But in general that's all just you trying to make money, nothing to do with seriously regretting life when you're older. But yeah I really hope your parents aren't fucking retarded and undeserving of your money and affection.. I've known kids who've done everything right and bent over backwards to financially help their parents out when in reality their parents are just stupid fucking idiots racking up all kinds of retarded debt.
>>
18 yr old with no actual life experience so take this with a grain of salt:

Don't hold every penny of that 80% in savings. It's good to save some of it but get most into mutual funds and other investments.
>>
>>1356258
I appreciate the advice.

And yes, I believe my parents deserve every dollar I give them. They have sacrificed everything for me. In fact, they immigrated for the sole sake of getting me a good education and a better life, its only right if I help them in return.
>>
>>1356295
Alright well if you come from a family of immigrants they probably are good deserving people, as evidenced by the fact that you feel like helping them out. Good luck in life.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.