[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a German Master Degree student. I want to leave this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20160617_232606.jpg (784 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160617_232606.jpg
784 KB, 2048x1152
I'm a German Master Degree student.
I want to leave this shitty continent after graduating (computer science with emphasis on data analysis).
How can I find a job a nice middle class job in
a) Singapore
b) Hong Kong
c) New York
?
>>
>>1355417
>wanting to love amongst crazed authoritarian Asians
I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>data analysis

Send out resumes to all the think tanks/American universities that you can.
>>
>>1355417
>Living in one of the best first world country.
>Wants to move to USA.

Kay. Its your life
>>
>>1355489
Exclusively New York, what's driving me to leave Europe is that every fucking city here feels like dying, they're just too small and boring.
>>
>>1355499
Have you been to New York? What was your experience like?

Also most cities have some interesting scenes, even small ones. But you have to put yourself out there and make new connections and get out of your comfort zone.
Maybe you're just a boring person?
>>
>>1355596
I'm been living in Berlin and Hamburg, Germany's two biggest cities. I also visited all major European cities. The only remotely interesting one was Istanbul, even Paris and London are obsessed with orderliness, closing every store at night and banning everything fun like German cities do. I also stayed in SE Asia for a month and living there is just on another level. I haven't been to New York though.
>>
>>1355499
what is
- cologne
- berlin
- munich (favourite)
- vienna
- hamburg
- amsterdam
- brussels
- london
- paris
- marseille
oder frankfurt mein freund, natuerlich deutschlastig hier

such dir eine stadt wo du gefragt bist, wirklich bock in NY 2 stunden weg zur arbeit zu haben, falls du gleich ne gute stelle kriegst?
>>
File: berlinhongkong.png (1 MB, 788x666) Image search: [Google]
berlinhongkong.png
1 MB, 788x666
>>1357161
>- cologne
feels like a village
>- berlin
I like Berlin but it's a village compared to Hong Kong for example
>- munich (favourite)
feels like a village
>- vienna
haven't visited, but no high expectations
>- hamburg
the worst city I've lived in so far, made me depressed, dirty, cold, boring, cucked, the epicenter of everything wrong with Germany
>- amsterdam
feels like a village
>- brussels
haven't visited, but no high expectations, probably a smaller Hamburg
>- london
Some parts of the city got me legimately scared
>- paris
Only acceptable city on the list so far
>- marseille
might be also a good one, I guess I'd be expected to learn French though

My main problem with European cities is that they are catering to old people. You see old people everywhere, cute little cafes for old ladies, old buildings to watch and stuff like that, museum tier cities. Asian cities are more action, I actually feel alive there.
>>
>>1357258
You got scared in london and not in paris?
Where were you in these cities?

Most rich londoners never really go to impoverished areas, but you can't avoid them in paris.

I will say brussels is a very dirty and disorganized city, I wouldn't recommend it.

You seem to require a city to have skyscrapers for it not to feel "like a village", so maybe europe isn't the best fit for you.
I personally don't get it, there are parts of asia I want to live while young, but long term Europe just has a lot of security in comparison with other European countries.
>>
>>1357271
I don't care about the skyscrapers by themselves, what I need is some people on the streets. A normal day/night in Bangkok feels like a festival in Berlin. Yes sure, as I said in my mind European cities are designed fro and catering to old people. As long as I can enjoy nightlife and being around people, I'd still like to know how I can find job offerings in Singapore and Hong Kong. Shanghai, Bangkok and similar cities are also welcome.
>>
>>1355417

Have you looked at Toronto? Decent financial center without the endless bullshit associated with the United States.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.