[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work Feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m77x6tifdw1qh2khk.png (253 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m77x6tifdw1qh2khk.png
253 KB, 500x363
>tfw trying to cut back on hours
>they give me 12 hour days
>mfw my time is more valuable than the money I'm making
>>
>my time is more valuable than the money I'm making
If you truly believe that change the job
>>
>>1355101
Who's gonna hire me? You? Just because I believe it doesn't mean anyone else does.
>>
>>1355112
Which means it's not.
>>
>>1355112

Wow. You will never make it.
>>
>>1355120
fucking owned.
>>
>>1355120
>The Jews' opinion matters more than my own
First day on /biz/?
>>
>>1355099
12 hour shifts are great. My day is already fucked after 8 hours on the job so why not just stay a little more and be more days at home instead.
>>
>>1355143
Because I'd rather divide the stress.
>>
>>1355149
My stress is more efficiently divided if I can spend 2,3 maybe four days in a row at home doing whatever I want. I get that not everybody likes it, but I don't understand people that want to come 5 or 6 days in a row to work.

I work about 13 days a month and that's it.
>>
>>1355134
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>1355099
>Trying to get more hours so I can get more money.
>"Sorry, we cant give above 26 HOUWARS."
>Apply for full time positions. (4 different positions)
>"Giving em to somone else."
>Go to a temp agency and tell them I want more work
>"We will call you back in 2 years."
>Ask for a license to motorized equipment back in March.
>Its fucking July, they still wont train me cause I have to do work (I am a stocker)
>Dont want to change jobs because I am moving in one month and it would be stupid to work for a company for one month and then leave.

Send help.
>>
>>1355099
>>1355407
>be me
>turned 18 last month
>go to temp agency next day (mostly manufacturing, they wont hire minors)
>"I want full time, I'll take anything you have within 15 miles, any shift"
>start the next day
>48 hours/wk
feels gud
>>
>>1355143
>>1355156
I used to believe this, then my previous employer added mandatory overtime to our job descriptions and we had to come in for 12 hour days on our regular days off. On top of a 90 minute commute, this was unbearably taxing on all workers.

It worked out to something like 5 or 6 12-hour days and one or two days off, never in a row. The job paid well but the turnaround was ridiculous - nobody stayed for more than 2 or 3 years unless they had a family to support and those that did were showing clear signs of insanity (constant talking to themselves, wild emotional mood swings for seemingly no reason, etc). I did 9 years and finally resigned after they started advancing others beneath me and without the proper qualifications - a real kick in my moral's nuts.
>>
>be me
>graduate college
>find job because major is still in demand
>work 40 hours/wk
>go home and shitpost with money
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.