[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about Bitcoins So I'm thinking of looking to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (22 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 625x582
Question about Bitcoins

So I'm thinking of looking to get some but I would want a bit of knowledge before throwing money into something.

So, where is the best places to store and buy Bitcoin?

What can I actually buy with bitcoins?

Can I convert Bitcoin back into dollars or other forms currency?
>>
>>1354924
I use coinbase
its pretty easy
but its takes a few days to transfer from btc to dollars
>>
>>1354949
Is it able to be transferred to any bank account or is it better to have something set up separate from your main finances?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>2016
>still not owning bitcoins
>>
>>1354970
I just set up an account and it looks like you can link it to any account you would like.

I'm more curious if mining was still worth it and if coinbase can link to it.
>>
What wallet should I go for. I'm in the USA
>>
>>1355037
>I use coinbase
>its pretty easy
>but its takes a few days to transfer from btc to dollars
>>
>>1355045
I will look into thank you
>>
>>1355015
>2016
>still owning bitcoins
>>
File: CoinerHereInMyGarage.jpg (554 KB, 1604x985) Image search: [Google]
CoinerHereInMyGarage.jpg
554 KB, 1604x985
>>1355481
>2016
>there are still nocoiners coping
>>
>>1354924
>>1354970
>>1355037
Coinbase is just an exchange, it's not a proper wallet. People with BTC on Coinbase don't actually own shit, they just have an IOU from Coinbase. If Coinbase becomes insolvent or gets """hacked""" you're fucked. Do not keep BTC with other people, this lesson should've been learned in 2013 when MtGOX went under and $500mm vanished overnight.

A wallet is just a computer program which stores your BTC, your geographical location is irrelevant. Electrum (desktop) and Mycelium (android) are the best wallets. When you create a wallet on either of these programs you'll be shown a series of 12-13 words. Write these down on a physical piece of paper and put this somewhere safe. You will be able to recover all funds if your computer/phone breaks or is stolen.

Early exchanges were off-the-books but all modern exchanges today are heavily tracked and will require KYC/AML information when exceeding certain limits. Localbitcoins is a much better option, it's essentially Craigslist for Bitcoin. Check there first for local traders with high feedback. Arrange an in-person meet at Starbucks or similar location and buy your BTC on the spot with cash.
>>
>>1355566
Thank you for the information.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.