[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picking a college degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Hi /biz/,first time poster here,and I have a question for you guys.I'm starting my last year of high school this fall,and I need help with choosing a degree/major.

I'm from Croatia and I was thinking about going to Denmark to study Marketing or Business.Are those meme degrees?I know Economics is better,but here in Croatia a degree in Economics is pure shit,anything else is better.
Not talented enough for STEM,but I am able to study hard if something interests me.
Family is going to cover everyday costs but not tuition.I go to one of the better schools in my city,and the best GPA
in Croatia is 5.0 and my GPA this year was 4.1.

Help me with picking a non meme degree please
>>
Yes, marketing is a meme degree. Why? Well, what do you think you'll learn in marketing class? Basically it's a bunch of models, interesting words etc, and you can learn all that while being terrible at marketing. The only way to actually get good at marketing is to practice it, which is why studying the subject is meaningless..
>>
>>1354718
What about Business or any Business related degree?
Is it possible to get a job in Marketing or Business without a degree in Western Europe?
Keep in mind that without a college degree my highschool diploma is worth nothing,I have no trade and no "real" skills.
>>
>>1354652
bump interesting thread
>>
>>1354652
economics in Nordics isnt shit
>>
File: 1467403780518.jpg (86 KB, 482x604) Image search: [Google]
1467403780518.jpg
86 KB, 482x604
Starting college this year and I chose businesse admin. and marketing. Will I become rich beyond my wildest dreams? Advice?
>>
>>1354652
So I've done some business school which had marketing classes. And imo marketing doesn't teach you shit. It all was a joke. You can google the stuff and understand everything within 10 minutes. I rather advice you to look up some marketing books used in college and learn it yourself when you have some free time.
>>
>>1355558
Well.. probably.. No. At least not cause of that degree. It's more about how much work you put in developing your skills, networking and gaining valuable experience.
>>
OP here
The thing is that I want a degree which will give me a higher chance of leading a /comfy/ middle class life.
I know that I can get the knowledge from books,but is the degree needed as a comformation of said knowledge?
How could I get experience is,say,Marketing,if no one wants to hire me without a degree?I know that employers value experience more,but how do I get the experience then?
>>
>>1355594
I'm still studying too so I can't tell you from the work field. Networking at school and events leads to jobs which leads to experience. Without a degree idek if it's possible, but your starting point is even lower and you will have to work your way up even more. However if you want middle class/comfy life then you're fine with both. Still economics > business adm. > marketing
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.