[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://investor.vanguard.com/mutua l-funds/fees Is Vangaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1381084799816.gif (878 KB, 275x310) Image search: [Google]
1381084799816.gif
878 KB, 275x310
https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/fees

Is Vangaurd a good mutual fund holder to buy into? They seem to perform pretty well, have low fees, and offer a pretty broad amount of sector coverage (relative to available funds for purchase) for a $3,000 minimum.

So my thought is to go through Vanguard for my mutual fund desires and ATM, I'm thinking about going through Options House for my online service for strictly stocks.

Thoughts? Any input is appreciated, I've been upping my competency and market savvy with Edward Jones for a while, their fees are just really annoying and I think I could do better on my own.
>>
Vanguard is arguably the best for index and mutual funds.

I haven't looked at Option House, but make sure you read about their fees and charges per trade.

Fidelity was like a flat $7 per trade a while back
>>
>>1354115
OH is 4.95 flat transaction fee for stocks. I've been paper trading with them, their interface is alright, I might paper trade a few other joints. What is it like when you want to pull the money out of these places? Do they rape the shit out of you with outgoing cash fees if you go directly to a financial institution or get a non-overnight check?
>>
>>1354119

Vanguard is very simple to move money in and out of and they don't rape you at all
>>
>>1354104
everyone is going with vanguard for a reason
>>
I'll ask here.

How does one make money off of mutual funds?
I understand how one profits from a dividend fund but what about the other types? Do people really through a few grand into a fund and wait 30 years to sell? Does their 5 grand turn into a 10 grand fund one day?
>>
>>1354104
can a euro fag use vanguard?
>>
Fidelity and Schwab are competitive with Vanguard
I chose Fidelity over them because there's an office nearby

>>1354175
This is what a brainwashed day trader looks like
>>
>>1354776
Not exactly.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/EU_investing
>>
>>1354776

Yes. Google Drivewealth.
>>
>>1354881
and how and when do you pay taxes if you set acculturation in case of an eu country?
>>
>>1354104
I'm a big fan of Jack Boggle, but why not just hold REITS and Divvy paying Blue Chips?

I guess if you don't know what you're doing then Mutual Funds are okay.
>>
>>1354967
I was thinking about jumping in feet first with Shell, going about 20 grand in right now (about 10% of my cash)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.