[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EU Needs a New Financial Capital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 01STEWART-1-master768.jpg (97 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
01STEWART-1-master768.jpg
97 KB, 768x512
Since Britain decided to leave the EU, the continent needs a new financial capital inside the EU to replace London since London will no longer have access to the free trade zone and will no longer have any influence on EU economic policy.

European economists have identified the following features needed for a new financial capital: English-language facility, which is essential for attracting a global work force; a favorable regulatory environment, especially regarding employment; excellent transportation and communications infrastructure; availability of prime office space and luxury housing; good schools; good restaurants and cultural offerings; and finally, an intangible quality that includes a certain energy level and openness to an influx of highly paid, competitive City of London-Wall Street types.

These are the top choices according to these metrics. So what will it be /pol/? I like Frankfurt. The financial capital should be in the economics powerhouse of the continent.
9. Barcelona
8. Milan
7. Warsaw
6. Luxembourg
5. Paris
4. Dublin
3. Vienna
2. Frankfurt
1. Amsterdam

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/business/after-brexit-finding-a-new-london-for-the-financial-world-to-call-home.html
>>
>>1354003
Luxembourg, because why the heck not.

It's the tiny dot between the main EU nations of France & Germany, and it wants to mine asteroids.
>>
Even better, make it Berlin. That way policy makers in Germany have a direct line to the main financial institutions of the continent
>>
It either going to be Dublin or Luxembourg. Luxembourg has the world best financial laws and small enough to not have poor dumb shit people. Dublin is home to the a thriving corporate environment with a good tax rate that's been properly named the double Irish and Dutch sandwich.
>>
>>1354003
Implying that potato farmers are competent for finance
>>
>>1354003
>Not choosing Greece or Portugal
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.