[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great White Short: Preparing to ride the Canadian housing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
The Great White Short: Preparing to ride the Canadian housing crisis to the moon.

What say you Anons about positioning yourselves to profit from the impending housing crash in Canada.

What are businesses that will succeed in a housing market collapse and what banks have the greatest potential for complete implosion?
>>
>>1353825
Metal?

I've been wondering how you make money off of this too, I think the obvious thing would be to liquidate yourself and buy at the bottom, however, I wonder if there's anything that would go way up in value in the interim?
>>
>>1353825
Crash will only happen if the Chinese sell their real estate to their cash back if the Chinese economy crashes.

More likely they will end up moving here, and sitting on their asses for the rest of their lives. Which wont bring down prices.
>>
>>1353825

As a BC resident, what makes you think god willing, there will be a housing crash?
>>
>>1353825
i don't think that any of the banks will implode because they are protected by CMHC insurance. if there isn't enough money in the CMHC fund to cover the banks' losses on bad mortgage loans, then the canadian taxpayer will be on the hook. the banks have basically been pre-bailed out in the event that there is a housing market crash.

i don't know how to ride the crisis to the moon for crazy profits, but i think that the housing rental business will do well in the event of a housing crash. more people will be renting after a crash because mortgage loans will be harder to obtain, plus real will no longer be seen as a bulletproof investment that always go up.

after the crash happens i might watch Canadian Apartment Properties REIT and consider buying in if it goes low enough? maybe short the canadian dollar by buying put options on FXC? i expect canada wont be able to raise interest rates as fast as the fed since that would wipe out more mortgage borrowers (mortgage rates can only be locked in for 5 years in canada)
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.