[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's a decent online broker? Etrade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1466359686370.jpg (42 KB, 472x840) Image search: [Google]
1466359686370.jpg
42 KB, 472x840
So, what's a decent online broker? Etrade?
>>
>>1353579
I'm looking into Options House.

I currently go through in person trading with Edward Jones, my rate is 1.8% per trade with EJ. I'm wondering how much better I can do online, I'm just wary of all the hidden fee shit meh.
>>
>>1353873
>1.8% per trade
Holy shit, that's crazy.
That kind of rate would bankrupt my ass.
I switch between flat and per share, depending on the trade.
>>
>>1353873

Scottrade charges $7 per trade. Been with them 6 years and never paid any other fees and I've always had my tax info sent on time.
>>
>>1353873
heard options house's servers crashed this week, fucked some people over.

Anyways OP, just get Robinhood, it's fucking free
>>
>>1354340
My wife is nagging me (shocking) about the tax shit, do they have any way to digitally import the shit to turbo tax or something like that?

I'm somewhat at her whim with this simply because she handles all the tax shit.
>>
>>1354348
>just get Robinhood
he said he wanted a "decent online broker"
>>
>>1354349

No idea. I always use the PDF.
>>
>>1354358
>decent online broker
then just get Robinhood
>>
File: 1382712669992.jpg (22 KB, 274x273) Image search: [Google]
1382712669992.jpg
22 KB, 274x273
>>1354340
So, here's a question for you. With Scottrade, let's say you're just watching the ticker and whatever stock is at 5.25 and you're wanting to get in and you smash a buy order immediately, how long will it take? Will you get it right at 5.25 or is there a significant amount of variability?

How complex is the buying process with them? I will go fuck with their paper trading, but, I just imagine it being I want 100 shares of stock X @ market and bam, it's done, the funds leave your account, the shares are deposited, is that it?
>>
>>1354376
>With Scottrade, let's say you're just watching the ticker and whatever stock is at 5.25 and you're wanting to get in and you smash a buy order immediately, how long will it take? Will you get it right at 5.25 or is there a significant amount of variability?

They execute your order immediately. Whether or not you get in at the price you are quoted at when you submit your order depends on the volatility.

Every time I've submitted an order and returned immediately to view my positions, it's always been filled.

You'll never have open orders, at market price, fore more than a couple of seconds unless you're trying to sell or buy something with ridiculously low volume. This holds true though will every broker.

>How complex is the buying process with them? I will go fuck with their paper trading, but, I just imagine it being I want 100 shares of stock X @ market and bam, it's done, the funds leave your account, the shares are deposited, is that it?

Yep that's all there is to it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.