[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some businesses you suspect are pulling some Enron shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: enron-logo4.jpg (92 KB, 494x480) Image search: [Google]
enron-logo4.jpg
92 KB, 494x480
What are some businesses you suspect are pulling some Enron shit?
>>
All of them.
The people who ran Enron were stupid and got caught doing what I'm sure are standard business practices (extorting incompetent governments, reporting selloffs as regular profits)
>>
>>1353421
Exactly, this is one of many reasons libertarians loathe corporations.
>>
>>1353457
I thought libertarians loved corporations and hated the government? With libertatian ideology every company would be an Enron. Legally.
>>
>>1353421
As an external auditor I can confirm this is false.
>>
>>1353467
>i am one of the people that corporations try their hardest to deceive
>based on my observations, they don't seem to be up to anything
>>
File: 1455248069807.jpg (22 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1455248069807.jpg
22 KB, 720x540
>>1353323

T E S L A
>>
>>1353497
If you knew how external audits work you would know how hard it actually is to fool an audit and how many individuals in the corporation would have to be on on it. There are a thousand red flags that appear when a company is misreporting revenue. This is the reason that Arthur Anderson took the hit along with Enron. They were basically in on it too. Now, with SOX, the audits are even more in depth. A fine tooth comb is taken over every process of the financial reporting system by multiple people with different layers of segregation. Any individual in the company who signs off on a fraudulent report is not only subject to an extremely hefty fine but 20 years in prison. There is no longer such a thing as turning a blind eye and claiming ignorance. Is it possible for one of the big 4 to be bought by a large corporation? Yes, but not very fucking likely. What happened to Arthur Anderson was a message that the SEC is not fucking around anymore.
>>
>>1353323
Lots of banks are on sudoku-denial mode atm. Europe is really interesting with negative interest ratings and shit tier bonds where no one doesn't pay dem debtz.USA has positive rates and quantitative easing has ended, but situation is not that great, but problems will come after EU.
>>
>>1353421
Kek. Fuckinh with the sec and the irs. You gotta be out your god damn mind son
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.