[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: quston.jpg (58 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
quston.jpg
58 KB, 620x451
Buy low, sell high

But how i know exactly when to sell? How /biz/ figures out when?

Because I bought ether at the start and sold with almost no profit

Bought trump almost at the start and again sold with only 20% profit

How can I evade these mistakes?
>>
>>1352569
>How can I evade these mistakes?
trial and error
>>
I know nobody will tell me profitable strats but when you sell?
>>
>>1352569
>But how i know exactly when to sell?

When it's high
>>
File: КОТ.png (18 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
КОТ.png
18 KB, 128x128
>>1352744
high enough to cover my time expenses?

And I should not be sorry for selling too early because a already got my money, right?
>>
>>1352754
Exactly bud.

Put it this way.
I bought some Bombardier shares back when it was $1.40/share.
I then, after doing research, determined it would reach somewhere between 1.90-2.00/share after a few deals with airliners.
So I set my sell point at a $1.90.

It did climb to 2.10 for a moment before crashing back into the 1.60-1.80 zone.

It's called getting out before the dreamers.

Go for the high, but make sure your high is just before others highs.

It makes you win more often to be slightly conservative on the top end estimate.
>>
>>1352906
Not that guy but this is some of the best advice I have ever read on this board, that's not saying much though.
>>
>>1352906
Yup, did the same thing with my CSCO from back in the day. Went from $20 to $30 where I sold at, was kicking myself a bit when it went up to $32 but it dropped back down to low 20's shortly after, so I'll take what I got and roll with it.

But yeah OP sell high means sell when your earnings is good enough for you personally to roll over into a different investment.
>>
>>1352906
also new to investing here

how in the world you did estimate $1.90?

I just don't understand how you could get a dollar amount just by what you heard is going to happen. I mean i could see a jump or a drop in price but i can't see actually predicting that well. What guides that decision?
>>
>>1354100
Read into what's called "free cash flow." It's a long term value investing method that estimates a stock share price based on a companies financial statements.

If the FCF share price is above the actual share price, then it's estimated to rise. Sell when it roughly reaches that number, as then it would be in equilibrium or overpriced.

Of course this doesn't account for social influences like bubbles, hype trains, fear and paranoia, and new technological brrakthroughs.
>>
Low and high are relative terms

Anything higher than what you bought it for is high and anything lower is low

Trying to maximize the highs and lows is one of the most common noob mistakes. It's the sole reason why so many penny stock traders get rekt.

If you buy a stock for $100 and you sold it for $101 and it goes to $102 the next day, you did not lose anything by not waiting (just an example because it ignores fees)

Get out of the mindset that every trade has to be a lottery jackpot at the very top and very bottom.
>>
>>1352569
>How do I know exactly when to sell?

It is impossible to predict the future with 100% accuracy. Billionaires like Warren Buffet, Stock Analysts like Jim Cramer and other talk show hosts involving stocks are not right 100% of the time. People who spend all day every day analyzing stocks and researching, etc. Are only correct more often then they arent, so they make money more often then they lose.
>>
>>1352569
>But how i know exactly when to sell?
I mostly buy things I can make an immediate profit on.
Like cheap shit from china to sell domestically or doing arbitrage.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.