[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
job search
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 26doZ8f.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
26doZ8f.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Are the endless lists of "required" and "suggested" qualifications of candidates for even the most basic of positions an HR wishlist or real requirements for jobs?

Are there actually people who have 6+ years experience in specific fields, Six Sigma certifications, degrees, and whatever else who are actually applying for $40,000 per year?

Should you simply apply for anything that seems interesting and let them make the decision?
>>
>>1350250
Yes
>>
>>1350250
Depends
>>
No, who would apply for a 40k job with 6 years of xp the fuck?
>>
>>1350250
My company recently interviewed an experienced engineer for a general labour position

But this is Canada where the economy is total garbage
>>
>>1350250
>Are the endless lists of "required" and "suggested" qualifications of candidates for even the most basic of positions an HR wishlist or real requirements for jobs?

In general:

They're wishlists if they're desperate, requirements if they're not.

>Should you simply apply for anything that seems interesting and let them make the decision?

Ask yourself: "Does this company have the HR department doing all the hiring?"

If yes, throw your application at them anyway

If no, consider that it pisses off some employers when applicants aren't even close to meeting the requested qualifications which at worst can lead to blacklisting, which, in small towns, can be a very bad thing. I've only heard a few cases of stuff like this though, probably doesn't happen.
>>
>>1350379
>tfw you need to know spanish to do any form of labor here ;_;
>>
Job postings are mostly a joke.

They put the bar extremely high and see what they will get.

Fun fact: online job postings are mostly for social reputation (i.e. "we are so powerful, we're hiring everyone! Look at all this growth!").

75% of the jobs will be filled by from known associates who get connected in via friends and already have a position lined up.
>>
>>1350250
In IT, they're used to "prove" that no Americans applied or were qualified so they can import a poo in loo.

Personally, I will walk out of the next interview where I so much as suspect a poo in loo is in the building.
>>
Most HR broads can't even spell half the requirements they ask for.

The real manager asks for somebody, and spits out a half assed list of likes and the HR assistant tries to make a coherent post out of it.

Most people are barely functioning trash. Moreso in HR.
>>
>>1350865

Good luck with that

I live in the deep south and you can't go anywhere without poojets everywhere

Half the hospital IT staff are shitting in the streets, but despite more being hired, the network is breaking more and the non shitters are getting more work load.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.